Simple Creamy Cauliflower and Artichoke Soup
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1-2 cups vegetable stock (depending how thin or thick you want the soup)
- ½ cup artichoke hearts (I bought canned artichoke hearts)
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 cup shredded chicken, to garnish (I shredded a rotisserie chicken to make it easy)
- ½ cup cooked bacon, roughly chopped, to garnish
- olive oil, to garnish
- hot sauce, to garnish
- Steam 2 cups of cauliflower florets until soft.
- Place cauliflower in a Blendtec along with vegetable stock and puree until smooth using the soup button. If you do not have a Blendtec, use a food processor or blender.
- Add artichoke hearts, basil, and and a bit of salt and pepper. Puree once more to incorporate all ingredients.
- Cook bacon to preference then roughly chop it. I shredded a rotisserie chicken to make it easier.
- Place soup in a bowl, top with shredded chicken and bacon and add a few drops of olive oil and hot sauce on top of the soup.
- I found the best way to eat it was to mix it all up in a bowl mash. Wonderful.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/simple-creamy-cauliflower-and-artichoke-soup/