Paleo Spicy Mexican Stuffed Poblanos
- 6 poblano peppers, seeded
- 1 lb ground beef
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (6 oz) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 oz) can diced green chiles
- 2 tablespoons Cholula (or other hot sauce)
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Fat of choice, for cooking
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Heat up a large skillet with some fat over medium-high heat.
- Add your garlic until the smell becomes fragrant, then add your diced onions. Let the onions cook down until they become translucent.
- Add your ground beef to cook down.
- Once your ground beef is turning brown, add the rest of your ingredients, minus the poblano peppers.
- While the flavors meld, cut the tops off of the poblanos and rinse the inside and out to get rid of the extra seeds. Cut a slit down the side of them and stuff them with the cook meat.
- Place them on a covered baking sheet (I covered mine with foil) and bake for 20-25 minutes of until the poblanos begin to blister and soften.
- Then eat them. I let mine sit for a bit. Actually I let them sit over night since I cooked them at 11:30 at night. Probably should eat them while they are still warm. Just sayin.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/spicy-mexican-stuffed-poblanos/