Eggnog Pumpkin Pie with Gingerbread Crust
- coconut oil or butter for greasing pie
- 4 tablespoons grass fed butter (or coconut oil), melted
- 3 tablespoons molasses
- 2 cups almond flour/meal
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Whisk together butter and molasses. Mix in almond flour, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla extract, and salt.
- Press mixture down into a greased pie pan. Evenly distribute mixture throughout the pan pan and press up onto the sides as much as possible.
- In a food processor or blender, add pumpkin, eggnog, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and puree until smooth.
- Pour mixture into crust lined pie pan.
- Place in oven for 55 minutes. Let rest until cool then place in the refrigerator to set for 2+ hours.
- Cut into 8 slices and serve with coconut milk whipped cream (optional)
I found my eggnog at Whole Foods
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/eggnog-pumpkin-pie-with-gingerbread-crust/