Guest Post: Pesto Zucchini Noodle Bacon Frittata with Mushrooms and Kale
- For the pesto:
- 1.5 packed cups of basil leaves
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ground salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- For the frittata:
- 5 pieces of bacon
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 2 small zucchinis, spiralized (Blade C)
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 6 eggs, beaten
- cracked pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until medium-crispy. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes and then add in the kale, zucchini noodles and garlic powder. Cook until the kale wilts mostly.
- Pour the eggs over the noodles, distributing evenly. Top with a generous amount of pepper and let cook for 2 minutes, letting the eggs cook to set on the bottom.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until you can stick a knife through the center of the frittata and it comes out clean.
- While the frittata is baking, prepare you pesto sauce: place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- When the frittata is done, serve immediately with side of basil pesto. Enjoy!
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/guest-post-pesto-zucchini-noodle-bacon-frittata-with-mushrooms-and-kale/