Paleo Coconut Ginger Mushroom Chicken
- 1lb chicken thighs
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 package shittake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 package crimini mushrooms, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ sweet onion, thinly chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons fat of choice
- Let's get you prepared. Preparation is key. You will need 2 separate skillets for this meal. One large, one medium.
- First place the large skillet under medium heat and add a bit of fat along with your minced garlic and onion. Cook until onions are translucent.
- Next, add your can of coconut milk and mushrooms to begin to cook down. Reduce the heat and let them flavors simmer. Reducing the heat is important so the coconut milk doesn't play splishy splash on your counters/stove top....like it did on mine.
- Once the mushrooms become tender, use your grater for some fresh ginger directly into the pan. Mix together. Add salt and pepper to taste and cover to let cook while you cook your chicken.
- Now put your medium skillet over medium-high heat and add a bit of fat to your pan. While the pan heats, season your chicken thighs with salt and pepper along with the garlic and onion powder.
- Add chicken thighs to pan and cook on both sides for 4-6 minutes, depending on thick the thighs are.
- Once the chicken is almost done cooking, add them directly to your coconut milk pan, cover and let cook for about 3-5 minutes to let the chicken absorb some of the liquid.
- Now they are ready to eat! Serve along side broccoli. Obviously.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/paleo-coconut-ginger-mushroom-chicken/