Light and Crispy Vanilla Protein Waffles
- ¾ cup applesauce
- 4 eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup tapioca flour (or arrowroot powder)
- 1 cup Vanilla Primal Fuel
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- maple syrup, to garnish
- coconut whipped cream, to garnish
- Whisk together applesauce, eggs, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
- Add tapioca flour and whisk until combined. Then add protein powder and whisk again to combine. Lastly, add baking soda, cinnamon and a pitch of salt and mix well.
- Pour batter into the waffle iron (greased, if needed) and cook until crispy. Be patient. Mine took less than 5 minutes per waffles. Repeat with the rest of the batter. My batter made 6 round waffles.
- Garnish with coconut whipped cream and maple syrup.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/light-and-crispy-vanilla-protein-waffles/