Pork Chops with Chunky Sweet Curried Sauce
- 2lbs pork loin or roast
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ white pepper
- ¼ thyme
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 red onion, peeled and sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ cup canned coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all spices to a large bowl or shallow dish. Place pork in the spices and coat evenly all around. Use your hands to massage that pig and get all the spices rubbed in.
- Place pork in a baking dish and cook in the oven for 20-22 minutes or until internal temperate of the pork is around 160-180 degrees.
- While the pork is cooking, make your chunky sauce. Slice and dice your apples and onions and mince your garlic.
- Heat up a large skillet with a bit of olive oil or coconut oil and add your garlic. Once your smell the garlic, add the onions to cook for about 2 minutes, then add apples as well.
- When the onions begin to become translucent, add coconut milk and vinegar to the mix along with your curry powder and salt/pepper.
- Reduce heat and let simmer. The sauce will thicken up over time so let it be, stirring occassionally.
- When the pork is done cooking, let rest for around 10 minutes. Then cut into chops. Pour sauce on top.
- It's stupid good. I love curry. If you don't love curry, I hate you.
Recipe by PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes at http://paleomg.com/pork-chops-with-chunky-sweet-curried-sauce/