You know what’s kind of funny? That picture. I consumed many tequila shots that night. Obviously before my sugar detox. But I really didn’t have another picture to use and Laura had this on her phone. And I like acting like I do fun things. Like sit on a concrete post, bare assed, at 1am while I try to find a ride home. That never happened…


Ok, so it’s day 12 of my 21 day sugar detox by Balanced Bites. It actually hasn’t been as hard as I thought it would be. Yeah, I totally crave sweets at night, but it has become less and less. Now, I’m craving guacamole and beet chips more. Probably because beet chips are kinda sweet. I love those things. Before you even ask, I get them at Whole Foods. Anywho, I like this no sugar thing. But I also like the no nut thing I’m doing along with it. I just feel better. I feel less bloated, I have more energy, and honestly happier.

The 21-Day Sugar Detox

So Laura and I have decided that once our 21 day sugar detox is over, and we get back from Lake Powell, we will begin our weekly cheat meal brunch together. We haven’t decided if it’s going to be a Saturday or Sunday morning, but that’s besides the point. I probably won’t go back to eating fruit other than a cheat meal once a week, so that meal will be very special. Laura said she will probably eat fruit, just not as much. I have big plans for that cheat meal. Yes I do.

So this is what my day looks like without sugar. Remember one thing, I didn’t eat breakfast because I didn’t have dinner until about 12:30am on Wednesday night, so Thursdays breakfast was just coffee since I wasn’t really hungry. Late night dinners suck ass. I kind of hating eating that late.

Anywho. Here we go.

I woke up at 7:45am. It felt amazing.

All mornings should start with an Americano with coconut milk. Mine was purchased at 8am. I drank it hot, then got bored and added ice. To make it cold. I’m a rebel.

As I drank my coffee, I did emails and social media. Social media is hard. I seem to only retweet other people’s tweets so people at least know I’m acknowledging them.

I then went on to workout with Jason from 10:30-12:00. We did back squat, snatch, then a workout with squat snatch and running.

Finally around 12:30, I consumed food. So I made some steaks that afternoon and while I waited for the bacon wrapped steaks to cook, I ate a tablespoon (disclaimer: amounts are approximate) of coconut butter while I waited for the steak then went on to eat a can of artichoke hearts. I love those lil b*tches. For real, they are like heaven. So I think I ate 5-6 artichokes hearts. Then I ate the steak. Not the whole thing. I got tired of chewing. I kind of overcooked it, damnit.

Around 3pm, I drank a Kombucha. I don’t have a picture. You hate me. I get it.

Then I worked 3:30-8:30. Around 7:30, I ate a little egg salad mixture of 1 hard boiled egg and 1/2 avocado with just a little salt and pepper.

After work, I got home, threw a elk steak on to cook and ate some parsnip, carrot, and beet chips. I don’t know how many. Probably 3-4 handfuls. Maybe more. I have small hands. That’s a lie. I have man hands.

that's a steak smothered in hot sauce. i know, it looks like a sea urchin

I finished dinner off with some carrot cake pudding, about 1/8 cup with an extra spoonful of coconut butter. I don’t have a picture because I ate it too fast. My b.

I drank water throughout the day. I also peed that water out. I didn’t take a picture of it though. That’s weird angling of the camera. Difficult. You all were the ones who wanted to know what my day looked like. Jokes on you.