To me, ribs are kind of intimidating. Really, BBQ is intimidating. Because every person who is obsessed with it has it down to this science and has a special way of make their own special ribs or brisket or pulled pork. I don’t have a special way, I just want to eat something that tastes delicious and that doesn’t take a lot of effort. That’s exactly why I’m giving you this recipe. One night, my main squeeze came home with a huge rack of ribs and pretty much just looked at me with puppy eyes. At that time, we didn’t have a grill/smoker so I had to suffice with just making them in the oven. But they are SO delicious in the oven and it’s out of control easy. You’re guests will never know that you didn’t smoke them all day…unless they are the type that have their own secret recipe that they sprinkle with fairy dust, those people will definitely know.
I can’t believe I’m not home in Colorado right now. What the? I was just there. But thankfully I have the coolest opportunity today to film a cooking segment on Hallmark Home and Family TV so I’ll be doing that all day today in Universal Studios! How fun is that? I absolutely love speaking in big groups which is one of the main reasons I love being on book tour, but I get a little nervous when a camera turns on. I think I just get nervous that I’m going to cuss on camera because that’s part of my day-to-day vocabulary. The show will air tomorrow on Wednesday September 2nd at 10am CST so be sure to set your DVR and see if I can hold it together enough to not cuss like Miley Cyrus on the VMA’s.
Ok, I need to talk about something. Why was everyone so obsessed with the book Luckiest Girl Alive? I kept reading, kept hoping that something would happen to make me like the book but nothing ever did. It was SO depressing. But not in the fun Nicholas Sparks depressing kind of way that’s still uplifting in a way, it was depressing in the rape, suicide and school shootings kind of way. Not exactly what I wanted to be reading…ever. I guess I should have looked into more before I bought it, but man, it was uncomfortable. I like a good thriller just as much as anyone else, but dafuq? Please tell me why you loved it so much. TELL ME!
Question. Where do service dogs relieve themselves while in airports? Riddle me that.
Speaking of airport potty places, I walked into not just one, but TWO men’s restrooms at TWO different airports…in the same day. I don’t even want to get into what I saw in there. The horror. Jk, it was just kind of gross.
- Preheat oven to 235 degrees F.
- Remove the membrane from the back side of the ribs. Pat dry then cover the meaty side of the ribs in Primal Palate BBQ rub and a bit of salt and pepper. Press into meat to coat. Then top with yellow mustard and spread/press the mustard into the meat.
- Place 2 large pieces of heavy aluminum foil on top of each other on a large baking sheet. Cut the ribs into 2-3 racks. Whatever you need to get the ribs to fit on top of the aluminum foil with meat side up. Turn the sides of the foil up to create a boat then pour beef broth in the boat. Cover with another piece of foil on top and pinch to fold the sides and create a packet.
- Place in oven to bake for 4 hours. Yes, 4.
- Remove from oven. The meat should be fork tender and ready to fall off the bone. Turn on the broiler. Use a brush to top ribs with however much BBQ sauce you prefer then place in oven and broil for 5-10 minutes or until the sauce begins to brown.
- Cut ribs however you prefer and eat up!
Break out the Extra Napkins:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!