Good morning, my beautiful internet friend. How art thou? Do you ever watch Game of Thrones and suddenly believe you have a British accent? I do. Why is that show so damn good? And why does it have to end after this season? Grey’s Anatomy has been on for 92 seasons and GOT has to end after 7? How does that make any sort of sense?
I always hate myself when I start talking about TV shows too much, but eff it…have you been watching Ozarks? We sure have. It’s no Jason Bateman in The Switch with Jennifer Aniston since on this show he’s just constantly trying to not get murdered while stealing money. It’s a bit intense. I saw a friend say the show is spot on with it’s representation of Missourians. I told my husband that and he said that was super offensive. I wouldn’t know, I don’t know many Missourians. But when I make generalizations about Coloradans, I always say that they love hiking 14ers, driving Subarus and wearing five fingers…and my description is accurate 99.5% of the time. I’m one of the few Coloradans that refuses to get up at 3am to walk up hill for 5 hours. Nah I’m cool, I’d rather get brunch in my close-toed shoes while driving to my destination. People watching while eating duck fat fried potatoes is similar to seeing the sights at the top of the mountain, right? Right.
It’s official, I’m sad to leave my husband in just a couple short days. I’m leaving for a yacht trip through the Caribbean and he couldn’t come because he can’t take 9 days straight off of work. So my sister in law is coming instead, which is awesome since I love her. But I really love my husband so leaving him behind like a real assh*le is going to suck. I’m making a bunch of food for him before I go because I feel so bad. If I can at least feed him for part of the time that I’m gone, I feel like he won’t hate me as much when I get back and brag about island hopping. Food cures everything, in my opinion.
Even though I’ll be roasting my skin through a toaster oven next week and sipping on too many piña coladas, the blog will still be up and running throughout the week. I may just be a tad slow in my responses…because I’ll be buzzed. Buzzed typing is never a good idea. But I also never know when I’ll have service or wifi. I plan on using my phone as a hotspot but I know that won’t really work in the middle of the ocean. So whenever we stop at an island, I plan on doing some blog updating and social media posts! But in the meantime, before I leave, if you have any favorite things to do, check out or eat at on the islands of St. Martin, St. Kits and Nevis, St. Barths, and Anguilla…let me know! We are going in pretty blind so we would love to hear your recommendations!!
- 1 pound wild caught shrimp (20 count), uncooked, deveined, peeled, with tails left on
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- zest of 2 limes
- juice of 2 limes
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sweet paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Place shrimp in a dish in one layer.
- Whisk together all the rest of the ingredients (except for the cilantro) then pour mixture over the shrimp. Cover and place in fridge to marinate for 3+ hours.
- Place 5 shrimp on 4 metal skewers then heat grill or grill pan to a medium-high heat and grease to keep the shrimp from sticking.
- Once grill is hot, place skewers on grill then use a basting brush to baste the shrimp in the marinating liquid while they cook. Cook for 2 minutes per sides, until pink and tender.
- Squeeze fresh lime juice on top and garnish with cilantro!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!