Stop what you’re doing right this very second and GO MAKE THESE MUFFINS!! It took me three tries to get these puppies right and then they came out absolutely perfect so I want you to experience them right now!! The first batch sunk in the middle, the second batch was way too dry, then the third batch was pure gold. Golden, chocolate button, muffin top joy. And no, there is no dairy in this recipe. No need to get your panties in a bunch.
In case you haven’t heard me talk about it before, I’m OBSESSED with collagen. Obsessed. My girlfriend told me a while back to start taking it but I ignored her as long as possible. Until she told me it would help the collagen and elasticity of my skin. I will do anything for better skin. Stick collagen up my butt? If it means I won’t age, I’m totally down. Sadly, it doesn’t work like that. And don’t worry, I’m not telling you to shove collagen up your butt. You can just drink it instead.
I started taking collagen over a year ago and now I won’t go a day without it. My hair never use to grow. Ever. And it was pretty unhealthy. But once I started taking collagen, my hair started to grow and became incredibly shiny, my nails started to grow, and I swear that it’s helped my skin…along with slathering it in products and burning it off with lasers. It has been life changing. And now I tell everyone I know about it. If you’re not taking collagen at this point, DO IT!! DO IT NOW!!
If you’re still trying to figure out ways to get collagen into your diet, well I’m here to help.
- Put it in your coffee. That’s what I do every morning and no, I don’t think it tastes like anything.
- Don’t drink coffee? You’re weird. But whatever, put it in your hot beverage.
- Hate hot beverages? WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?? That’s fine, blend it into a smoothie.
- Hate smoothies? I can’t handle you anymore. Make these muffins.
But for real, here’s some recipe ideas that I’ve made with collagen (and I have more to come!) –
- Vanilla Bean Sweet Cream Collagen Iced Coffee
- Brownie Batter Sweet Potato Collagen Shake
- Orange Creamsicle Collagen Smoothie (+ cooking video!)
- Treat Yo’ Self Cookies & Cream Collagen Shake (+ cooking video)
- Mint Chocolate Chip Collagen Shake
- Coconut Cake Collagen Shake
And my favorite part about these muffins are they are completely nut-free! I have an allergy to nuts and almond flour usually flares me up. But these nut-free muffins left me feeling satisfied and great after one…or maybe two. So excited for you to give these a try and tell me what you think! Now do what I say and get to it!!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment muffins liners and spray with coconut oil spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together greek yogurt, eggs, maple sugar, and vanilla extract until completely combined. Then sift together cassava flour, collagen peptides, tapioca flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon. Once sifted, add to the large bowl with the greek yogurt mixture. Use a spatula to mix until completely and smooth then fold in chocolate chips.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the batter into 11-12 greased muffin liners. Then place in the oven to bake for 20-23 minutes, until a toothpick comes out cleans.
- Eat up! If you do not eat these all in one day (well, hats off to you), I recommend reheating these before eating to make sure they are just as delicious as the day you made them!
*I used Kite Hill Almond Milk Greek Yogurt, but you could also use a cashew milk or coconut milk yogurt!
More Muffins, Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!