Guess who is back?? The wonderful Ali from Inspiralized. Remember when Ali posted her Salmon BLT & Avocado in a Sweet Potato Bun and you all went nuts?? Well, that’s understandable. She thought of noodle buns, which are…GENIUS. And she’s been busting out tons of recipes using a spiralizer since she guest posted on my blog. Check out some of my favorite recipes of hers like her Garlic Zucchini Noodles with Mushroom Gravy, or her Pumpkin Spice Sweet Potato Noodle Waffles, or her Pesto Zucchini Noodles with Seared Scallops. Well, Ali has been working hard on tons of recipes including her Ebook and her Hard Copy Cookbook. Be sure to get the ebook and cookbook NOW because they will be gone once January 1st hits! You can also check out her lovely app! She is one hard working girl!
December is jam-packed with holiday festivities that always involve temptation: sweets, cocktails, and comforting bowls of food. Never fear, Inspiralized is here (again!)
If you don’t own a spiralizer yet, now is the time to get one! Fill yourself up on healthy spiralized veggie noodle bowls and get ready to kick those New Year’s resolutions into gear after January 1st!
But wait – noodles and pasta dishes aren’t all you can make with the spiralizer. If you’ve never heard of a spaghetti frittata, you’re in for a treat. This spaghetti frittata (using zucchini noodles instead of wheat pasta) is a low-cal and Paleo-friendly way to fill up at breakfast and start your day off right, fully charged to conquer the holiday rush.
This zucchini noodle frittata is packed with heart-healthy veggies like kale and mushrooms, while having that classic robust bacon flavor baked into it. The zucchini noodles offer additional fiber to keep you full and the cheeseless pesto is that proverbial “cherry on top.”
This dish won’t make you feel sluggish, sticks to the Paleo guidelines and most importantly, is so tasty, you’ll want to have it for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! After all, who can resist eggs and bacon?
Happy Holidays…. from Inspiralized!
- For the pesto:
- 1.5 packed cups of basil leaves
- 1.5 tbsp minced garlic
- ½ tsp ground salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp pine nuts
- ¼ cup olive oil
- For the frittata:
- 5 pieces of bacon
- 1.5 cups chopped kale
- 2 small zucchinis, spiralized (Blade C)
- 1 cup sliced button mushrooms
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 6 eggs, beaten
- cracked pepper to season
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the bacon until medium-crispy. Set aside on a paper towel lined plate, leaving 1 tablespoon of bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes and then add in the kale, zucchini noodles and garlic powder. Cook until the kale wilts mostly.
- Pour the eggs over the noodles, distributing evenly. Top with a generous amount of pepper and let cook for 2 minutes, letting the eggs cook to set on the bottom.
- Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until you can stick a knife through the center of the frittata and it comes out clean.
- While the frittata is baking, prepare you pesto sauce: place all of the ingredients in a food processor and pulse until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking.
- When the frittata is done, serve immediately with side of basil pesto. Enjoy!