Man, travel f*cks you up. I have been traveling a good amount the past month and still have two more trips planned and my body is screwed up. I’m barely sleeping, I’m stressing out more about the little things, and I feel like I’m constantly worried about work. All I need a week straight of good sleep, but that just isn’t happening. I’ve been taking magnesium before bed and have also tried melatonin and I even reduced my coffee intake, which wasn’t much to begin with, but nothing works. I tried turning my screens to whatever that color is that helps with eyes and tried cutting out electronics all together and just read instead, and I still can’t turn off my brain. It’s driving me insane.
How do people function when they have children and lack of sleep?!?
Traveling last week was really awesome though. I went to Phoenix then to Kansas City then back to Denver for 3 book tour stops. All the events had amazing turn outs and flew by. I wish we would have had more times to take questions and talk to more people, but 2 hours goes really damn fast when you have 3 extremely talkative females all trying to tell their story while talking about their books at the same time. So apologies to anyone that didn’t have a question answered or didn’t get to chat very long, those events go by so fast! If by chance you didn’t get to ask a question, feel free to leave it here and I’ll answer any questions you may have!
On a completely unrelated note, I finally decided that I need an office. Which is so weird I don’t already have one at the moment since I’ve been working from home for probably 4 years now. But my sister in law has been living with us for a little while and I wanted to keep the other spare bedroom open for guests, but I just can’t any longer. Working from the couch or the kitchen table just isn’t cutting it. It feels like I have no space between my work life and home life. And my back has started to kill me from squishing into the couch all day long. So I’m clearing out the other guest bed (sorry guests, find a hotel) and going to start creating my own office space. I need a room that I can use for food photos, to store important documents, to store all my photography and food photo equipment, and to use as an extra room for upcoming fashion posts and even video tutorials. That way I can give my husband some room back in our closet.
So now I’m just looking for office decor inspiration. It’s a small bedroom, but I think it will be a great size for an office. I’ve just been looking on pinterest for inspiration, but is there any where you looked for inspiration for your own home? I can’t wait to show you guys what I do with the space!
- 1 package Siete Tortillas (I used the almond flour ones), cut into fourths
- coconut oil spray
- couple pinches of himalayan sea salt
For the hatch green chile
- 4 hatch chiles, roasted, skin removed, seeds removed*
- 1 jalapeño, roasted, seeds removed*
- 1/4 white onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- pinch of himalayan sea salt
For the other toppings
- 1 pound ground chorizo
- Tessemae's Creamy Ranch Dressing
- 3 fresno peppers, sliced
- green onions, sliced
- cilantro, minced
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place tortilla triangles on a baking sheet and spray with just a little bit of coconut oil spray then sprinkle with salt. Place in oven to bake for about 7 minutes, until slightly browned and crispy.
- In a high speed blender, blend all the ingredients for the hatch green chile until smooth.
- Cook chorizo in a medium saute pan over medium heat, breaking into small pieces, cooking until no pink remains.
- Arrange chips on a plate, top with hatch green chile, chorizo, ranch dressing, fresno peppers, green onions, and cilantro. (I'm limiting my egg intake, so I didn't top these with eggs, but I recommend it if you tolerate eggs. It would be perfect on top!)
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!