Waking up to snow this Tuesday morning bums me out and makes me happy at the same time. It’s a real bummer because well, it’s cold. And I’m literally cold all.the.time in the winter. But it’s awesome because I bought two new pairs of winter boots the other day. ON SALE. What is it about a sale that makes women feel like they conquered the world. I literally feel like I kicked some serious ass by saving 50% on boots. Killiiiiiiiiing it.
You guys, this past weekend was so fun. Instead of having a normal bridal shower, we decided to have a wedding shower together with all of our friends to celebrate with the people who couldn’t make it to our wedding that’s coming up in April. And when we decided to plan a shower, a friend mentioned having a Stock The Bar party where people bring alcohol or bar accessories to help stock your house. So then if you ever have friends over or a party, there is always some sort of alcohol in the house. I thought it sounded like an awesome idea (especially since we didn’t register anywhere) which is funny since I think most alcohol tastes like poison.
Well, the party was absolutely awesome. Friends from all walks of life came out to hang out with us, drink some cocktails, eat some snacks and bring alcohol or accessories. We got wine, liquor, bitters, wine glasses, cocktail recipe books, all the fun jazz. And we just had a friend build a bar cart for us for our dining room so we look like we drink a ton. I think I’m going to have to dust that area regularly, but it’s such a fun looking little area. Once I get it all decorated, I’ll share a pic with you guys!
The night was a complete success. I stayed out until 2 in the morning, like I’m good at partying or something. I drank dirty martinis, ate gluten free cupcakes, and caught up with friends that I hadn’t talked to in years. It was just wonderful. And made me even more excited about our upcoming wedding that’s going to be here in less than 2 months. HOLYCRAPLESSTHANTWOMONTHS. I need to find a checklist to make sure I have everything done before we leave for our destination wedding. I tried to find a veil the other day and the one that I wanted was $700!!! SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS. No effing way am I paying that to wear it for 20 minutes. No freaking way. I could buy so many cool things with $700. So I guess I need some jewelry. Balls. Does anyone have a checklist so I don’t end up forgetting my wedding dress…the only thing I actually have prepared.
- 2 tablespoons ghee or butter
- 2 pounds boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite size pieces
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon freshly minced ginger
- 2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- ½ teapsoon cayenne pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 (14 ounce) cans of full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- cilantro, to garnish
- lime wedges, to garnish
- coconut cauliflower rice
- Add ghee to a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add chicken and a pinch of salt and cook on all sides until chicken is browned but not fully cooked through, about 10 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- To the pan, add onion and garlic and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until onion becomes translucent. Add ginger, garam masala, turmeric, cayenne pepper, cumin, and salt. Mix with a wooden spoon, scraping the bottom of the pan for about 30 seconds.
- Add coconut milk and tomato sauce and bring to a low simmer for about 5 minutes, then add chicken back to the pan and let cook for 10 minutes, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with coconut cauliflower rice, cilantro and squeeze fresh lime juice on top.
You May Also Like: