I just need to talk about something. It has nothing to do with this recipe so you can jump to the bottom if you just want to get to the point. But then you’d be missing out on the best read of your life. That’s untrue. Ok, back to the point. A while back, meaning yesterday, Georgia and I decided to cut out fruit from our diet. I know, it’s depressing. But it’s needed. We have clients asking how much fruit really does affect weight loss and body mass. So, being the scientists that we are (I’m not, more of a tag along, I follow the crowd) we are testing some theories. We took before pictures. I’ll post them. You judge me and I’ll kill you. Kidding. Sort of. But here is the thing, my mom literally JUST gave me a whole box of peaches. I was going to make peach pork chops and a peach cobbler and peach brownies, and I still will BUT I cannot consume them. SO, I will be testing my food on other people so you do not have to suffer like me. I’ll update you in a month. Stay interested. I know you are don’t actually care about my fruit ingestion or lack thereof, but thanks for acting like you’ll read my next blog in a month. You better support the hell out of my before and after pictures….which will probably be the same based on my almond butter obsession. No I didn’t make homemade almond butter last night….moving on.
So I’ve never actually eaten at an Indian restaurant. Does that mean I don’t know what the hell I’m talking about when I blog about a meal called ‘Indian Chicken and Rice’? Yeah, kind of. But I googled Indian spices and I added a butt load of them into my meal. And then RJ and GA tasted it and gave it the thumbs up. So I’m pretty much an Indian cuisine cook at this point. Not really. But anyways, this meal smells like curry heaven. Sh*t I love curry. I’d put curry on my bananas, that is if I ate bananas and wasn’t allergic to them. Can you tell I’m hopped up on my Americano with heavy cream? I’m not addicted. You don’t know me.
Oh and by the way, I literally just made peach brownies mid blogging and don’t even get to eat any of them. Today is a stupid day. Wanna try one? Come to CrossFit Lodo. Just sayin.
- 1lb chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, stem removed
- ½ can coconut milk
- 14 oz can tomato sauce
- ½ onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons curry
- 2 teaspoons garam marsala
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon coriander
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ ground ginger
- salt and pepper, to taste
- First you need to make rice from cauliflower. It’s pretty damn easy. So peel back the leaves from your cauliflower, cut off the stems, and cut the head into florets. Place on plate and put them in the microwave for 2 minutes to help soften them.
- Once the cauliflower is softened, add the florets to your food processor. I used the shredding attachment but you could use the regular blade as well. Rice those bitches.
- Now let’s make some saucey sauce. Pull out a large skillet or saucepan, add your coconut oil, onions, and garlic to the pan over medium-high heat. Cook until translucent.
- Once the onions are cooked, add your tomato sauce, coconut milk, honey, lemon juice, and spices. Mix thoroughly.
- Now add your chopped chicken and cauliflower rice to the sauce, cover and let simmer for 8-10 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and rice is soft.
- Top with cilantro. I had none on hand so I just added avocado to it. Makes no sense. I just love fat.