I’ve come to adore time by myself. Don’t get me wrong, my husband is awesome. And he’s super quiet so sometimes it’s like he’s not even around. And he even tries his best to not put football on much anymore because he knows it annoys the living hell out of me. But when he randomly decides to go out and I stay behind at home, I get to do, eat, and lay down wherever I want. You see, my husband eats healthier than me sometimes. Friday night will roll around and the LAST thing I want to do is cook anything. So I’ll ask him if he wants to get a gluten free pizza. His response: how about we make some salmon. Uh, no thank you. (Obviously salmon is sore subject after last weeks stomach flu situation, but that’s besides the point) It’s Friday night, I’m going HAM. So when my husband went out with his friends on Saturday night and I had the whole house to myself, I made a gluten free pizza, snacked on some chocolate, sprawled out on the couch and watched a chick flick. It was wonderful. It’s the little things.
Speaking of little things, it’s, like, ALMOST CHRISTMAS!! Luckily, we’ve kind of sworn off gifts at this point. How I see it, if I want something, I’m going to work my ass off to make it happen. And if I can’t buy it for myself, than maybe I don’t deserve it yet. I don’t want my loved ones spending money on me. Maybe that’s because I just don’t care about presents much, but I would rather them save their money and go do cool sh*t with it. Or go out to eat with me. Going to a cool new restaurants means 478932 times more to me than a present. Except for Jackson. That was a pretty effing badass present.
So nowadays, we just do a little white elephant gift exchange. Gifts must be under $100. So I need to go find a little something this week for the gift exchange because I haven’t even thought it through! I suck. Any ideas?!
And PS – I apologize that these photos aren’t my best work. I had to make this dish while writhing in pain from the stomach flu so just not dying was the goal of this photo shoot. But I can promise you, this dish is a must! And it’s incredibly easy to make!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease an 8x8 baking dish.
- Follow directions on package to cook gnocchi then drain and set aside. (you'll want to rinse off the gnocchi to keep it from sticking together too much)
- Place a large saute pan over medium heat and add sausage. Use a wooden spoon to break up sausage. Cook until no longer pink and slight brown and crispy. Then add the kale to cook for 2-3 minutes, until wilted.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together tomato paste, honey, coconut milk, broth, salt, black pepper, and red pepper flakes.
- Add gnocchi to pan then pour the liquid mixture from the bowl into the pan. Mix until all is coated. Pour all ingredients into greased dish and place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Serve up! Hope you love it!
More Pasta Please!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!