The other day on the Today show, they talked about at what age they felt old. I’m 28 and I’ve had a few friends talk about how they feel old at the same age as me, but luckily, I don’t yet. The only thing that makes me feel older is that my skin doesn’t bounce back like it use to. I now see more fine lines and wrinkles, but that doesn’t really make me feel old. It just makes me spend way more money with my medical esthetician.
Even when I got my invitation to my 10 year high school reunion the other day, I still didn’t feel old. I feel like it was just a couple years ago that I was hating my life in high school. High school was not my friend. I felt really awkward, unhappy in my skin, and I just had NO idea who I was. So I spent my days dreaming of being older, making my own money and having friends that I wasn’t forced to know for 10+ years. Luckily, I’m there! So I have absolutely no intention in going to my high school reunion. The thing about it nowadays is that most people have Facebook. So if you want to creepily know what someone is doing or what someone looks like, well, hop on Facebook and BOOM, the mystery is gone. I’ve seen what ex-boyfriends are up to, I’ve seen the high school sweet hearts get married, I’ve seen the stoners go on to travel the world and do really cool looking sh*t. So why go? Riddle me that!
So you guys…I finally got myself a Roomba. I wanted one since we moved into our house a little over a year ago but I just couldn’t imagine spending that much money on something when I wanted to spend money on furnishing our house instead…and feeding ourselves. They are just so expensive! But I finally pulled the trigger because after having to get a new sewer line and having constant mud in our backyard, our house is ALWAYS dirty from Jackson going in and out. Fur, mud, and dirt don’t go well on a white rug. I was so pumped to get a Roomba because SO many people on my blog said it was the best thing ever, but I’m not impressed yet. I feel like I would need to run it 3-4 times a day to make sure it got all the dirt since it it doesn’t go in any particular direction on the floor. Even after running for 60 minutes straight (in not a large area) I still see fur all over the place in the light. So then I get annoyed and end up cleaning the floors myself. Have any of you had this issue? What do you think of yours? I haven’t set it up any sort of schedule or anything else, so I’m wondering if I read the manual if it would get better at it’s job. I just have my own job so I haven’t even tried messing with the manual yet. It’s just more fun to talk to you guys about your experience instead. That’s totally normal, right?
Hey, guess what?! I’m going to Austin, TX to Paleo(fx) today! Are you going?!
For the key lime curd
- 1/8 cup of key lime zest (about 6 key limes)
- 1/2 cup juice of 14-15 key limes (about 14-15 key limes)
- 5 eggs yolks
- 1/2 cup maple sugar*
- 1/2 cup ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Coconut milk whipped cream
- 1 (14 ounce) can of coconut milk (refrigerated overnight)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the crust
- Place lime zest, juice, egg yolks, maple sugar, ghee and vanilla extract in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan and stir until combined. Turn on heat to medium-low heat and use a whisk to whisk constantly until the mixture melts and the begins to thickens, about 10-12 minutes. Yes, you need to whisk the entire time. The key lime curd will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Pour key lime curd into a jar or glass bowl. Press a piece of plastic wrap directly against the curd so it is airtight and doesn't create a film on the top. Cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator. Again, the curd will thicken up even more after it is completely cooled.
- In a bowl, add the coconut cream that sits on top of the coconut water and whip together all coconut whipped cream ingredients until smooth. (leave behind the coconut water for shakes or whatever else). You can do this with a fork or a hand mixer!
- Lastly, in a food processor mix together all ingredients for the crust until combine and slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Place a small amount of crust mixture in a jar then a spoonful or two of curd followed by more crust and a dollop of coconut whipped cream on top. Garnish with extra key lime zest as well as a slice of key lime!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!