Today is one of those days that I don’t really want to get started. Because it starts at the doctor. It’s not like I have a problem with the doctors or anything, but who looks forward to getting their annual check up? It is by far my least favorite day of the year. Because it’s truly the most unnatural thing. How do they not have some sort of scanner that does the check up for you at this point? Another human is looking inside of you? If that’s not f*cked up, I don’t know what is. Reason #236 why I don’t want to get pregnant: multiple people are looking up there during your 9 months of pregnancy. Ugh, I just hate today. Especially since I have a new doctor. Maybe I’ll buy myself an ice cream cone after the appointment.
Does not wanting a male doctor for my gyno appointment make me a sexist? Someone recently told me I’ve said some anti-feminist things…am I an anti-feminist AND a sexist?! So many questions, so few answers!!!
Wanna see some Shania Twain karaoke? You got it!
You guys, I wish I had much to say about ‘The Women Tell All’ for The Bachelor the other night, but it just wasn’t that interesting. Except for the chick with the chicken. What was that about? I have no recollection of a chicken on the show and all the women seemed to. But I also had no recollection of that woman holding the bird. Was she even on the show? One thing I did feel bad about was Olivia. Listening to that girl be all sad about people saying mean things about her made me totally sad. Because I get that every freaking day. On social media, in emails. I’m constantly criticized so I understand how bad it sucks the first few times it happens. Sure it gets better, but it still gets under your skin. So yeah, I felt bad how the alcohol and producers made her seem on national television. I did like her hair, though. She was rocking that bob. I can’t wait for next week. And to see who is going to be the next Bachelorette. I hope it’s JoJo. I would love more fashion inspiration from her!
So it’s official. I’ve taken over the guest bedroom as my “sh*t I need to pack for Jamaica” room. It’s colorful and bright and there are swimsuit straps everywhere! We are one month away people, time to get cranking on outfits! Dressing up on vacation is one of my favorite things because you can go over the top or wear sweats and you fit in no matter what. Kind of like going out in Colorado. But I will probably go over the top the entire time. Must be one of my anti-feminist qualities. Man, I’m sassy today. Don’t f*ck with me, BRO!…must be the doctors appointment looming over my head. I’ll be back to normal soon…maybe.
- 1 batch of vanilla bean lemon curd
For the tartlet crusts
- Make lemon curd then set in the fridge to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place pecans in a food processor and pulse until they have broken down into a flour consistency.
- Add almond flour, ghee, egg, honey, vanilla extract, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and puree until is combines completely together (it will form a ball in the food processor).
- Using a mini muffin tin, use a cookie scoop to scoop out a ball of the crust mixture and place into 14 muffin tin holes. Use your fingers (or the bottom of a spice jar) to press the dough into each muffin tin hole, into a cup formation. Use a fork to poke a few holes in the bottom of each to keep from rising as it bakes. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely then fill each cup with 1-2 teaspoons of lemon curd and place a berry on top. If you want an even prettier look, garnish with some organic powdered sugar!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!