Yesterday was effing rough. I haven’t hated the world that much in a loooong time. I’m usually a pretty positive person. I have my time of the month where I become Satan, but other than that, I’m good. But yesterday, no go. Satan was screaming out of my body. Not because it was that time of the month, but because I slept 1.5 hours. Not cool. And after sleeping 1.5 hours, I had to head to the gym at 5:30am, in the freezing cold and then act enthused to be there while my coffee went cold in 3 minutes. And then the coffee shop was closed. Acting is challenging when you suck at acting, you haven’t slept and the one coffee shop in walking distance is closed. I almost lost my mind.
I remember when I first started this blog and was working at 4 or 5 CrossFit gyms, getting up at 4am going to bed by 12 or 1am, all while doing 2-3 workouts per day. And I was functioning rather well. Sure, my cortisol was shot and my body was shutting down, but I was still kicking it. Nowadays, no way in hell could I do that. Is that how you know that you’re getting old? Is this why I see people at the gym have babies then stop going to the gym? Because they aren’t sleeping anymore and wouldn’t even be able to stand at the gym, let alone workout? Add that to my having-a-baby cons list. I wonder if any pros will ever sneak on there someday. I wonder.
Speaking of having babies, I finally saw Magic Mike XXL for the first time and jeeeeeez was that dirty. Are male strippers actually like this? Wait, are male strippers actually straight, ripped and charming like that? Because the strip clubs I’ve been to (only female) are not like that. No where was charm involved when I saw women take off their clothes. Did you just think about how lucky Channing Tatum’s wife is while watching that movie? She’s my woman crush Wednesday…if it were Wednesday. Did you see her at the Golden Globes? Dayuuuuuum Gina.
So guess what? As you’re reading this, I’m on a flight to San Antonio. Yessirrybob. Never been to San Antonio. I honestly don’t even know where it’s located in Texas. I just know it’s south of me. Nice Juli, nice. But I’m super pumped to head out there because I’m staying at my friend’s house, Cassy of Fed and Fit, to work on a little project together. This project includes photos and videos so I’m packing probably 10+ outfits for 2 days. Overboard? Sure. But totally worth it. Can’t wait to show you guys what we are working on!
- 3 eggs, whisked
- ¾ cup almond milk (carton, unsweetened)
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ cup coconut flour
- ½ cup tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- coconut oil or ghee, for greasing pan
- Whisk together wet ingredients: eggs, almond milk, honey, vanilla extract, lemon zest and juice in a large bowl.
- Then, while continuously whisking, add coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking powder and baking soda and a pinch of salt to the large bowl. Whisk until batter is well combined then add poppyseeds and fold in.
- Grease a large griddle pan and place over medium heat. Once pan is hot, use a large ladle or iice cream scoop to pour each pancakes. The batter should make 9-12 pancakes, depending how big you make them. Once each pancake begins to bubble, flip to cook on other side. About 2-3 minutes per side.
- Top with maple syrup then eat up pumpkin!
Eat More Pancakes:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!