This weekend was rough. Like, REALLY rough. You know how you never want to be “that” girl at the bar? I was. I was “that crying” girl at the bar. I hate having emotions. And I hate toying with them while consuming alcoholic beverages. It’s just a terrible idea. Grumpy Juli sucks already, but grumpy drunk Juli is just a straight up b*tch. I learned my lesson this weekend. Don’t day drink. Just workout instead. That was all I really even thought about at the bar anyways. Barbells. I just thought about barbells.
Don’t give me a lecture here. I know.
But no need to live in non fun Juli land. Let’s talk about what was super fun over the weekend. Our CrossFit gym put on our first ever Amazing Race. Yes, like the show. So this is how it looked. We took their keys, their cell phones, and their dignity and sent them on their way around Denver. They had to find their own way on a 13 mile trek without any means of transportation. Meaning they had the choice to either run or hitch hike. Hitch hikers did much better than the runners. The teams had to make human pyramids with strangers, which meant mostly bums. They had to had to eat sandwiches with yeast spread on them. Paleo eaters loved that. And they had to do burpees in a fountain. Among other weird things. The coolest part of it all though…team PaleOMG WON IT ALL!! No big deal. I love my gym. Seriously, I love it.
I have a sunburn that makes me look like I’m still wearing a swimsuit…while naked.
I freaking love the movie Slumbdog Millionaire.
Oh, I should probably talk about this recipe. It’s not super original. But I don’t have an ice cream maker so I gotta do what I gotta do to get my fix. So ice cream made from a frozen banana was where it was at. If I would have had toasted pecans and was eating nuts, I would have added those to this little soft serve masterpiece. It’s not a masterpiece, I won’t lie. But it tastes delicious.
- 1 banana, peeled and put in freezer until frozen
- 1-2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sunbutter (or nut butter of choice)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- splash of coconut or almond milk
- toasted pecans (optional)
- Freeze your banana ahead of time or this recipe just won't workout. I like to peel my banana before freezing it because it's kind of hell trying to peel a frozen banana.
- Place banana and the rest of your ingredients into a food processor.
- Puree until smooth. Top with toasted pecans or whatever else you would like.
- Eat with a spoon. It works better than a fork.