Posted by http://paleomg.com/mexican-chorizo-frittata/
© 2018 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
- 1 pound chorizo
- 1/2 yellow onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 eggs, whisked
- 2 (4 ounces) cans of mild diced green chiles
- hefty pinch of salt
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into 4 slices
- 1/2 avocado, thinly sliced
- green onions, sliced, for garnish
- cilantro, diced, for garnish
- black pepper, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place an 8 inch seasoned cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add chorizo and break into small pieces. Once halfway cooked through, add onion and garlic. Cook until brown and no pink remains.
- Whisk together eggs, green chiles and salt.
- With the cast iron skillet over medium heat still, pour the egg mixture on top of the chorizo then let the mixture cook for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, place tomato slices on top and put into the oven to cook for 30 minutes, until the middle is no longer jiggly.
- Garnish with sliced avocado, green onions and cilantro and freshly cracked black pepper!