Do you have plans for New Year’s Eve yet? We still don’t. Last year, like a really good person, I ditched my fiancé. What a dick move. But it was totally worth it. I was suppose to head to a party with him, but after going to the first night of Decadence, I just HAD to go the second night. It was effing awesome. Well this year I decided to be a better person and hang out with him to make up for being a sh*tty person. So I’m heading there tonight but not on New Year’s Eve. Gotta get my dance on at least once this year! But then we still don’t have plans for NYE. Fail.
Anywho, I started thinking about what has happened this year, other than being a bad fiancé, and it’s pretty cool to look back and see all the changes that have happened in both my life and the blog. Wanna take a stroll down 2015 memory lane with me? Come on, let’s do it!
Here’s some stuff that happened in my personal life:
- I got engaged!!
- We bought our first home!
- We took engagement photos
- I went on a weekend trip with my best friend, eating our way through Portland and trying on wedding dresses!
- I hiked the incline for the first time…and last time.
- I found the perfect bed.
Big moments for PaleOMG:
- PaleOMG got a facelift! If you haven’t noticed that by now…well COME ON!
- I planned a PaleOMG retreat
- I released my THIRD and absolute best cookbook, Juli Bauer’s Paleo Cookbook!
- I went on book tour by myself AND with Vanessa from Clean Eating with a Dirty Mind!
Don’t forget to try these sneak peek recipes from the book if you don’t the book yet! Buffalo Chicken Casserole | Thai Coconut Chicken Salad | Frozen Mango Margaritas | “Peanut” Butter Cream Pie | Mexican Meatloaf | Chocolate Hazelnut Spread | Apple Fennel Breakfast Sausage
I made 74 brand spankin’ new recipes on the blog this year just for you, all while writing my third cookbook and creating over 100 new recipes for that book! Here are the ones that are my absolute favorite from this year:
- Valentine’s Day Almond Butter Blondies
- Bacon Braised Collard Greens
- Strawberry Vanilla Bean Sparkling Lemonade
- Coconut Lime Fizz Cooler
- Crispy Skin Salmon with Béarnaise Sauce
- Raspberry Caramel Chocolate Cups
- Smoked Salmon & Dill Deviled Eggs
- Picadillo Tacos
- Orange Glazed Chicken Kabobs
- Cold Brew Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream
- Lomo Saltado (Peruvian Beef Stir Fry)
- Coq Au Vin PaleOMG Style
- Fall Harvest Chopped Salad with Apple Maple Vinaigrette
- Eggnog Glazed Gingerbread Cake
- Holiday Raspberry Caramel Tart
- Crockpot Carne Asada Loaded Fries
Now go make these delicious chicken wings for NYE and be sure to make these 2015 recipes in 2016 because I promise you, you’re gonna love eating paleo when you’re making these recipes!
- Place an oven rack in the top position and preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Grease wire rack. Place the chicken wings on the wire rack and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Bake for 50 minutes or until crispy.
- When chicken wings are almost done, place a small saucepan over medium heat and add mustard, honey, rosemary and red pepper flakes. Heat for about 2-3 minutes, just until warm throughout.
- When wings are done cooking, place in a bowl then pour the honey mustard on top and toss. Eat up right away!
More Snacks For Tomorrow Night!
Serve Your Snacks in Style:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!