Sunday started off really well. Laura and I grabbed lunch at Wild Eggs then we picked up 2 movies to watch while I baked these muffins and made up a new recipe for dinner. Meaning I destroyed the kitchen and ran the dishwasher a total of 3 times in one day. Let’s just say there is A LOT of bacon grease covering the stove top right now, and maybe the floor. Anyways. The two movies we watched were pretty damn good. We first watched ‘Horrible Bosses’. I might have peed a little on the couch. Hilarious sh*t, I tell you. We then proceeded on to watch ‘Something Borrowed’. Oh.my.god. I legit cried. Legit tears shed from my eyes. Why? Because it’s a movie about love, and I lack that. So did I eat half a bag of dark chocolate chips? That’s none of your business.
But what I did get out of that movie is the person I’m meant to be with. Sadly, I don’t think he’s a CrossFitter. Really huge bummer. BUT he is ridiculously dreamy so I think it could still work out. I mean, he’s REALLY EFFING DREAMY. Look at this guy. I melt every time he looks at me through the TV screen. Such a tease. Ok, I’m that girl. I’ll stop. But seriously, I love him.
Here is a couple things I’m guessing about my main squeeze. He is most likely shorter than me. Most attractive men are. I’m 5’6″ people, I’m not exactly a giant. And I probably have bigger arms then him. But these are all things I’m willing to look past if he is willing to let me cook for him and kiss me daily. I’m not asking for much.What I do need to do though, is come to terms with knowing I will never meet him. Or kiss him. So where the hell is my prince charming? Ugh. I’m guessing he’s not waiting for me in my living room while I cook on a Friday night. Damn. Damn, damn, damn.
- 1 cup Enjoy Life chocolate chips, melted
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 2 teaspoons ground coffee
- 4 eggs, whisked
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ½ cup raw honey
- ¼ cup canned coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together all your dry ingredients: almond flour, coconut flour, ground coffee, cocoa powder, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Whisk your eggs and melt your chocolate in separate bowls. You can melt your chocolate on the stove or in the microwave. I did microwave because it's easy. But be careful not to burn. Heat only 20 seconds at a time and stir to help the melting process.
- Add eggs and melted chocolate to your dry ingredients along with honey, coconut milk, and coconut oil. Mix to combine. These muffins are pretty dense. If you want them fluffier, add 2 more eggs. Just FYI.
- Add to greased muffin tin. You know you really should add the batter to? Silicone muffin liners. These things are genius.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Let cool then consume.