I lied to you. Once again. These pancakes were not made with peanut butter…or jelly. They were made with cherries and sunbutter. Peanuts aren’t paleo, so I hear. And I’ve cut nuts out of my life. I even made almond butter for someone special the other day and only took a lil tiny lick of it to make sure it didn’t taste like nut butt. Hehe, I said butt.
Speaking of butts, a pretty nice one came into my gym the other day. A woman named Vanessa was in town from Arizona and stopped in to get a workout in during her vacation. First off, she’s has given birth to 5 children and looks 10x better than me. Not fair. Secondly, she’s hilarious. Straight up, fantastically funny. And lastly, she’s incredibly thoughtful because she put together a gift basket of cooking things for me as a thank you for writing my blog. Pretty damn cool if you ask me. Getting a thank you gift for doing something I love is preeeeety awesome. And the best part of it all, it’s her birthday TODAY. So I wanted to give her a little shout out for being ridiculously good looking AND having a super cool husband who emailed me to send me a picture of the two of us. What a great guy. I bet he’s making her something delicious today. Like these lil guys. Breakfast in bed. If a man ever served me breakfast in bed, I would make out with him on a constant basis. Fact.
This week is the week leading up to 4th of July. Many of you think of that day as the best day of summer. I…do not. 4th of July reminds me of my days when I worked at a pool and had to make sure 100+ children weren’t drowning, or running on the deck, or crapping themselves in the pool…which they usually did. Then I would clean up their July 4th extravaganza food festival they left on the ground because they were too drunk to notice the cheetos they were mopping up with their toes. The adults, not the children. Then I would try to go get my party on with some friends but was too exhausted to smile. Therefore, was a bore. Soooooo 4th of July sucks in my eyes. BUT I’m going to change that this year. Do something fun. I don’t know what, but I know it will be good. AND I’ll be posting recipes all week and into next week that you can bring to your pool, get drunk, and half-heartedly stuff your face with, then continue on to smash your toes in once you grossly drop it onto the ground. You’re welcome.
- 1 cup cherries, seeds removed
- 2 heaping tablespoons of sunbutter
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
For the coconut sunbutter frosting
- This is simple.
- Place cherries in food processor and puree.
- Add your sunbutter and egg and pureee more.
- Place in bowl and add your coconut flour, baking soda, vanilla extract, cinnamon and salt and mix together with a spoon.
- Place a large skillet or pancake griddle over medium heat.
- Once skillet is hot, use a bit of your oil of choice to grease it and pour your pancake batter. I made my pancakes about 3 inches in diameter (I'm guessing that's the word). The smaller you cook them, the easier they will cook through and not be mushy. I warned you.
- Cooked for about 1-2 minutes per side.
- While your pancakes are cooking, mix your sunbutter frosting together. Daaaaamn it's good.
- In a bowl, mix together your coconut butter, sunbutter, and agave and/or honey.
- Top pancakes with the frosting.
- Consume. Be merry.
I’m so weird.
Eat More Pancakes:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!