I want to eat these muffins seriously every day. I don’t know why I’ve never stuffed jelly into muffins before. What a dummy I am.
Yesterday, something really exciting happened to me. Let me give you a little back story. I LOVE watching Cupcake Wars. It’s pretty much the only show I watch on the Food Network anymore. I just absolutely love to see the flavors these bakers come up with. But I started loving Cupcake Wars even more when Kyra, a gluten free baker, began killing it with her crazy, creative cupcakes. Well, I fell in love with her and all the cupcakes she created, so I did what anyone would do and started stalking her on instagram. And when I left a comment on one of her pictures, SHE WROTE BACK and said that she’s been following my blog for years. I pretty much died. I seriously let out a small scream in a fit of joy. She’s so great. I hope I get to try her gluten free cupcakes someday. I may have to go to Oregon on my book tour just so I can try those beautiful things.
Another exciting thing happened to me yesterday. I got to hang out with Michelle from Nom Nom Paleo!! Have you bought her cookbook yet? It’s stunning. Anywho, she came to Denver to do a book signing and I was lucky enough to get a quick dinner with her. She picked Root Down to grab some food at, which was genius because I hadn’t been there in forever and I forgot how good it was. We got the brussels sprouts and kale salad, seared columbian arepas, bison meatballs and the beef short ribs. We both weren’t incredibly hungry so I’m lucky enough to have leftovers for breakfast today. YAY ME!! Pretty bummed we didn’t get to have dessert but there was just not enough room in our guts. That restaurant is delicious. The only thing I can complain about is when I walked in and walked up to the desk, the hostess looked at me and said, “Yeah?” Super welcoming.
You know what is kind of strange? Every picture I’ve posted on instagram lately, someone comments about my eyebrows. I don’t think I ever notice other people’s eyebrows.
Are any of you making something special for St. Patrick’s Day this weekend? Or doing something special? I’m guessing most people will say drinking. I can’t decide what to do. The past 3 years, I’ve stayed at home because I’ve been training or cooking away. Or making the excuse that I was training or cooking, so I didn’t have to go out and get drunk as balls. So what to do this year. That is the question. Tell me things!
- 2 medium bananas, mashed
- ¾ cup unsweetened sunflower seed butter
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 medium eggs, whisked
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- about ¼-1/3 cup homemade raspberry blueberry jam (or other jam of choice)
- *Prepare jam if you do not have some already.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Mash bananas in a large bowl. Add sunflower seed butter, honey, eggs and vanilla extract and mix together.
- Then add coconut flour, cinnamon, baking soda and powder and a pinch of salt and mix well.
- Using a silicone muffin pan or greased and lined muffin pan, scoop a large spoonful of the muffin mixture into 9 cups, filling the cups about half way. Then use a small spoonful (a little over 1 teaspoon) of the jam and put in the middle of each cup. Use the rest of the batter to cover each jelly filled cup.
- Place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely before eating!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!