Posted by http://paleomg.com/pork-belly-tacos-with-pineapple-salsa/
© 2018 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Pork Belly Tacos with Pineapple Salsa
For the pork belly
For the pineapple salsa
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1/4 purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, julienned
- small handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- small handful of mint, roughly chopped
- juice of 1/2 lime
- pinch of salt
For the tacos
- Whisk the pork belly sauce ingredients together. Divide in half and set half of it in a container for later. Pour the other half of the marinade into a ziplock bag then add pork belly, cover and place in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, remove pork belly from the marinade (discard marinade) and pay dry. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place a wire rack on top. Place pork belly fat side up on the wire rack. Put in the oven to bake for 30 minutes then turn oven down to 225 degrees F and cook for 1 hour. (1 hour per pound of pork belly) Once cooked, remove and let rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing into small bite size pieces.
- When the pork belly has about 15 minutes left in the oven, prepare the pineapple salsa. Add all ingredients in a bowl to combine and set aside.
- Then whisk together the sriracha mayo and set aside.
- Lastly, using the marinade that you placed in a container the night before, pour it into a large skillet over medium heat. Bring to boil and let reduce until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon, about 8-10 minutes. Once thickened, toss pork belly in the sauce.
- Heat tortillas over an open flame on our stovetop or in a pan, then add pork belly, pineapple salsa, and sriracha mayo on top of all of it! Then eat and cry tears of joy!