I think I have an addictive personality. I’ll find something I really like and can’t get my mind off of it. Like Americanos with heavy cream, dear lord, it’s so stupid good. So I’ve probably spent $100+ at Starbucks in the past month. Fail. But my newest addiction, other than paleo cake of course, is broccoli. Like, obsessed. I want it at every meal. Breakfast, lunch, AND dinner. I’m counting my heads of broccoli I eat in a week and I’ll update you later. Since Saturday though, I’ve had 11 heads of broccoli. Eleven. It’s Tuesday people. That’s so ridiculous. I think it may be reason #56 why I don’t have a boyfriend…think about what my breath must smell like with that much broccoli being consumed. I know I’m sure as hell not brushing after every meal. And I feel like I probably smell like broccoli when I sweat. So cute. Adorable to be exact.
This meal was made at my friend Sarah’s house. Remember a couple blogs back when I talked about how much I hate sports, especially fantasy sports? Well this was the night I had to put up with 5 females, all creating a fantasy football league…on a SATURDAY NIGHT. Ew. So what did I do? I cooked, of course. And slept on the living room floor. But this recipe turned out pretty damn good. It’s super simple and the picture looks like sh*t since I took it at 10pm in a kitchen with crap lighting, so stop judging based on the pics. It really was delicious. And please take in and appreciate Sarah’s fine dishware. I think she stole it from my grandma.
- 1.5lbs ground pork
- 1 egg
- 2 hatch chiles, seeded and diced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Pull out a large skillet and add your fat to it over medium-high heat.
- Add your minced garlic and diced onion to the skillet and cook until onion is translucent.
- Next add your shredded zucchini and diced hatch chiles along with the spices.
- Cook down until soft.
- Remove from heat and let cool for about 5 minutes.
- Once cool, add skillet mixture to a large bowl with the ground pork. Then add the egg. Mix all together.
- Form 6-8 patties or however many you like for the perfect patty size.
- Put the same skillet under medium-high heat and add extra fat if needed.
- Add the patties to the skillet and cook on both sides for 3-4 minutes.
- Then be a happy patty and eat them!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!