Today on the podcast, I’m talking about portion control. And when I say portion control, I don’t mean limiting your food or restricting your food options. I simply mean taking care of your body, feeding it the food it truly needs, and fueling it on a daily basis. Just a quick recap here of the things that helped me take control of my overeating behaviors:
- Facing what was making me unhappy. Once I owned up to what was making me unhappy and why, I was able to get control of my emotional eating since I was trying to fill a void any longer.
- Not telling myself I couldn’t have something.
- Listening to what my body was craving and what it didn’t like.
- Drinking a SH*T TON of water. I try to drink a gallon or more a day.
- Eating on time, meaning not letting myself get ravenous which tends to lead to poor decisions.
- Seeing food as fuel.
I think that’s about it but I can’t remember since I recorded this 20 minutes ago. You’ll have to listen for the rest! And if you have any questions, leave them below!
Thank You to the PaleOMG Uncensored Sponsor:
Aaptiv is a fitness app that gives you custom workouts with the voice of an elite trainer and an amazing playlist, walking you through the class or workout or training session! They have unlimited workouts such as race training, ab workouts, spinning, strength training, and even more! I’ve been using it for stretching workouts after my CrossFit or Orange Theory classes! To get motivated or simply just get to stretching this 2017, try Aaptiv out for FREE for 30 days using the promo code PALEOMG. Sign up here and try it out for 30 days now!
Episode 26 Transcription Coming Soon!