Can we just get a slow clap for Kaitlyn becoming the next Bachelorette? I wouldn’t have wasted the many hours of my life watching the Bachelorette if had been Brit. Stop thinking I’m annoying for loving trash tv. It’s the best. Why else do you watch tv if you’re not watching it to completely shut down your brain? Now go away with your judgmental self. I’m just so pumped she was picked and I’m even more pumped that this season looks super dramatic. There looks like a lot of fornication drama will occur. The best kind of drama to watch.
Speaking of fornication drama, the other day I was at a restaurant/bar at 10am on a Saturday for post workout mimosas. Absolutely no one was in there except my group of friends and a couple that sat nearby. The girl came into the bar in her pajamas and then changed, which was the first indication of her walk of shame. But the real indication was the screaming from her saying, “It was one night, it meant nothing!” They both continued to scream and cry, and I couldn’t take my eyes off of it. Who goes to a bar on a Saturday morning to admit to your boyfriend that you cheated on him? Effing weird. But great content for my Saturday morning that was no where near as exciting.
There are truly not enough hours in the day. I have all these new recipes planned for you, but not enough time to make them all! You know what’s weird…my book won’t write itself. I keep thinking it will be miraculously done, but then it’s not. More edits just keep coming back. And I’m sitting there, staring at over 100 pages of words all day long that later on look like this: kjfdla;jkldafkldakl;;jfdsa. Yep, that’s what my next cookbook looks like. Ok wait, that was a joke, bro. It’s crazy how many times you can read over a recipe and how the words can somehow blur together. I have absolutely no clue how the author of Harry Potter wrote all those books. Then reviewed her edits. That sh*ts crazy. But for reals, I’m so damn excited about this book. It’s actually going to be reaaaal great. I just got the design layouts for the interior and I’M IN LOVE. It’s totally me. I’m just sad it won’t be out until August. Especially since it goes to print mid-June. That means I’ll be wiggling in my boots with excitement for about 2 months. Ughhhhh.
Man, have you watched Game of Thrones lately? That sh*t is dark sometimes. Sometimes meaning all the time.
These are my new favorite snack. People always ask me what to eat for snacks. Make this. Then eat it. For a snack. Boom, I just solved any issues you have. You’re welcome.
- 1 small sweet potato, thinly sliced with a mandolin
- 1/4 cup melted butter or ghee
- salt, to taste
- 1 1/2 pounds italian sausage
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 white onion, minced
- 1 egg
For the sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Thinly sliced sweet potato with a mandolin.
- Lightly brush each slice of sweet potato on both sides with ghee and place 4 on top of each other in a 12 cup muffin tin. Repeat with all 12 cups then sprinkle with salt on top.
- Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the edges of the sweet potato begin to curl up.
- While sweet potatoes bake, mix together italian sausage, bell pepper, onion and egg until well combine.
- Once sweet potatoes are done cooking, use an ice cream scoop to scoop a large spoonful of the sausage mixture into each cup then press down to flatten out. Repeat with all cups.
- Turn heat down to 375 degrees and bake for 20 minutes.
- While baking, mix together sauce ingredients in a small saucepan and let simmer on low until meatloaf cups are done cooking.
- Top each one with sauce. Eat up!
More Adorable Finger Food:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!