I hate making breakfast every morning. For some reason, I haven’t been huge on breakfast recently. Maybe it’s because I’m lazy and cooking right away seems like a hassle. But by 10am, I’m starving. So having some sort of breakfast bake ready to go that I just have to reheat real quick is way more my style. That way I can waste my time cuddling my son. Meaning my dog.
I need your help. Do dogs get colds? I think Jackson has a cold. Since he’s a smoosh face dog, I thought that he was just having some breathing issues that he hadn’t had before from playing too hard with other dogs, but now he has massive eye goops.They’re pretty much as big as his eye. It’s disgusting. But he also always sounds congested, like he needs to blow his nose. I’ve wanted to take one of those little sucker things that pulls the babies boogs out, but I don’t think it works that way with dogs. Or does it? Tell me your dog-cold story. Unless it includes the ree. Nobody likes seeing dogs poo, let alone hear about it.
Speaking of babies boogs, I just read that daycare costs more than college tuition nowadays. WTF. That’s just so messed up. For just one kid, it costs around $10,000 per year in Colorado. That’s just for one child. Last year, I went to Mexico for 7 days for less than $2,000, for a friends wedding. For just one child, I could go on vacation 5x in a year. FIVE TIMES. That’s whacko. Please don’t get angry that I compared having a child to going to Mexico because I won’t back down from that. It’s just crazy to me that people can afford children. Obviously, people make it work and there are sacrifices. But giving daycare $10,000 when you still have to feed them, clothe them, give them presents, outdoor activities, etc. etc. is just so frustrating to me. How do people ever go on vacation too?? Everyone needs a little once a year Mexico trip, right? RIGHT! I wish I could go on book tour in Mexico.
Ooo book tour! Did you know I’m signing The Paleo Kitchen cookbooks tonight in Highlands Ranch, CO at the Tattered Cover? Yes ma’amsir. And I’m meeting up with 4 wonderful authors during their latest book tour to sign with them. Head over to the Tattered Cover in Highlands Ranch, CO at 7pm tonight to meet me, Brittany Angell of Every Last Crumb, and Diane Sanfilippo, Caitlin Weeks, and Nabil Boumar of Mediterranean Paleo Cooking! Let’s talk paleo and do a little dance. So many cookbooks, so little time!!
I just tried to pull a pan out of the oven using the hot handle. Man, am I smart. That’s going to feel real good tomorrow.
- Place pork in crockpot along with chicken broth, salt and garlic powder, cover and turn on low for 8 hours. (I did this overnight)
- Once pork is done cooking, use 2 forks to shred the pork in the crockpot.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place a large skilletover medium-low heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and onion and cook for 10-15 minutes, letting the onion caramelize. Cook until onions are golden brown, remove and set aside. In the same pan, add 1 tablespoon of butter along with red bell pepper. Cook until soft then add 2 cups of shredded pork in the pan (or all the pork if you don't want leftover pork for other meals) along with caramelized onions. Mix all ingredients together.
- Whisk together eggs and heavy cream then pour whisked eggs over mixture. Sprinkle salt and pepper on top of whisked eggs.
- Place in oven to bake for 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!