Donuts are my happy place. I remember growing up on the swim team during the summer months of my adolescence and my mom would buy all of us a dozen donuts from the grocery store and I would eat probably 8 of them. And then go swim. I couldn’t get enough of donuts. And I had no idea what they were doing to my insides and in turn, showing up on the outside. Alas, that love for gluten dissipated but the love for donuts still burns bright. Luckily, I’ve been able to find some gluten free donuts at home and when traveling. BUT, I like making them and keeping them at home in the freezer so I can have one whenever I want one and I know exactly what is in it!
If you haven’t been on my site very long, you probably don’t know this but I have LOTS of donut recipes, since this obsession has gone on for years. Click here to check them all out! And then make all of them! Because they are so delish! And YES, investing in a mini donut maker is TOTALLY worth it. I found the one I own for only $12!
But enough about donuts! Let’s talk about real life going on over here! Because it’s been extremely busy lately. I feel like I’m home for just a couple days then I have to head back out again. I’m pretty much living out of a suitcase. A suitcase I hate. I need to get a new one ASAP. I just got back from San Francisco on Friday night and I leave to see a friend in Idaho on Thursday morning. But one thing I’ve started to love all because of traveling is PODCASTS!! After starting my own, now I want to listen to them all the time. On my flight, while walking around the airport, while walking my dog, while driving anywhere, or just instead of watching TV. I first started with Serial because EVERYONE recommended it then I moved on to Accused. Then I ended up watching 3 documentaries on Netflix about murder mysteries, like the Amanda Knox documentary. That stuff is so interesting…but so so so so depressing. And now I’m constantly having nightmares. One nightmare I woke up from and felt like I couldn’t move. Like I was actually debilitated from fear in my dream. That’s effed up.
So, obviously, it’s time to move on to new podcasts. Some happy go lucky kind of podcasts. Like Girls Gone Wod. And whatever else you guys recommend. Is there any podcast you’re obsessed with right now!? I need something new for my flight to Idaho! My husband even bought me noise cancelling headphones yesterday…which are crazy by the way! You seriously can’t hear anything around you. How amazing are those going to be when there is a screaming baby on the flight?! AMAZING!
- ⅓ cup pumpkin puree
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 tablespoon cold brew coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- Preheat mini donut maker.
- Place pumpkin, maple syrup, ghee, eggs, cold brew coffee, and vanilla extract in a food processor and puree until smooth. Then add coconut flour, tapioca flour, espresso powder, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda & powder, and salt and puree once more until smooth.
- Grease donut maker with coconut oil spray or whatever you have on hand. Use a spoon to scoop mixture into each donut mold. Follow directions for mini donut maker and cook however long directions recommend. Repeat until all batter is gone. This should make about 10-12 mini donuts.
- Mix together all ingredients for glaze in a bowl then dip each individual donut into the glaze and place on a wire rack to let the excess glaze drip off. Serve immediately!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!