Posted by http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-pie-cookie-crisp/
© 2017 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
For the filling
For the toppings
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Grease a cute pie dish.
- In a food processor or blender, add pumpkin, coconut milk, eggs, coconut sugar, vanilla, pumpkin pie spice and salt and puree until smooth. Pour batter into the cute pie dish.
- Place the cute pie dish in the oven to bake for 15 minutes at 425 degrees F. Then turn down oven to 350 degrees F and bake for 40 minutes.
- Once the pie has 5 minutes left, pulse together cookies, pecans, coconut sugar, butter, and salt in a food processor until the cookie and pecans are broken down into small pieces.
- Pour the toppings onto the pie then place back in the oven for 12-15 more minutes, until fragrant and pecans have browned a bit.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes then cover with foil and place in the fridge for 2 or more hours
- Once completely cool, scoop with a large spoon (no perfect pumpkin pie slices for this pie) and top with coconut whipped cream.
*I blended my coconut milk before measuring. This mixes the cream and water that tend to separate in the can.