Posted by http://paleomg.com/pumpkin-spice-baked-granola-bars/
© 2017 PaleOMG - Paleo Recipes. All rights reserved.
Baked Pumpkin Spice Granola Bars
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper for easy removal later.
- Place pecans and walnuts in a food processor and pulse to break down into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, use a spatula to mix together the pulsed pecans and walnuts with coconut, cashew butter, maple syrup, pumpkin, flaxseed meal, chia seeds, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and egg. Once combined, fold in 1/4 cup chocolate chips.
- Press batter into baking dish and spread evenly throughout. Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until the middle is cooked through and a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for 20 minutes before removing from pan.
- Melt the remaining mini chocolate chips in a microwave or double boiler then use a spoon to scoop the chocolate and wave the spoon back and forth to spread the chocolate on top of the bars. Slice into 8 bars. Store in refrigerator.