OMG. I’m obsessed with rutabagas right now. I don’t really know why, but I think it’s because they are a never-before-used vegetable in my world. I love new things. And I obsess over them. Maybe that’s why I’m single. I usually can’t like a guy for more than a few weeks because I get bored. If I like a guy for over a month, they must have something special because I have an extra short attention span.
I didn’t drink this weekend! Go me! I did sleep 10 hours a night though. And felt great in the mornings. And made breakfast with Laura. And went shopping. And grabbed dinner with my girlfriend Brier at Finley’s Pub. And went running in the park with Laura. It’s just amazing the things you can get done when you’re not hungover. It’s a magical world out there.
OMG I bought so many accessories this weekend. I freaking love accessories. Like orange earrings. They’re awesome. And orange juice. My god, orange juice is amazing. I’m drinking it right now. Pretty sure that’s why I have a sugar buzz going on. And I keep changing the subject every other sentence.
Ooo I plan on making pumpkin chocolate meltaways for tomorrow’s post. See, subject change. Damn my attention span.
Hey have you heard about the Paleo FX coming this March in Austin, TX? OMG, it looks crazy cool. Mostly because there are going to be an amazing array of speakers there. Listen to some of these top names: Robb Wolf, Sarah Fragoso, Diane Sanfilippo, Melissa Jouwlan, Michelle Tam, Bill and Hayley, and like, a thousand more. It’s crazy. I’m even speaking at this event. Can you believe that?? So weird, especially since all I talk about is
I’m obsessed with this website right now. I seriously looked at it for a good 3-4 hours yesterday. Not kidding. Thank you so much to the reader who recommended it. I will now go broke because of you. I just bought a cardigan. Thank gosh I can find love in clothes, at least. The website makes me want summer reaaaaaaal bad. Because then I can buy summer dresses. Instead of jeans. Jeans are so dumb. I swear, my bum is just an awkward shape that no jeans actually fit into correctly.
I’m seriously obsessed with this song and video right now. And I don’t care who knows it!!!
I really want to go on a beach vacation soon.
- 1/2 rutabaga, peeled and shredded (I used half of a medium one)
- 1/4 yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1/2 pound bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat (or other kind of fat)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- diced avocado (to garnish-optional-but smart)
- Peel your rutabaga in the food processor using the shredding attachment. I also ran my yellow onion through the food processor as well.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the 2 tablespoons of bacon fat along with the minced garlic clove.
- Then add the rutabaga and onion, press down into the pan and cook on both sides for 4-5 minutes per side, or cooking until brown and crispy.
- While your rutabaga is cooking, add the slices of bacon to a medium pan over medium heat and cook on both sides until crispy. Remove from pan and place on a plate with a paper towel. When cooled, dice up your bacon into pieces.
- When the rutabaga is done cooking, place in a bowl for later and add in the breakfast sausage to the still hot pan.
- Use a spatula to break up the pork sausage and cook until completely cooked through and there is no pink left.
- When sausage is done cooking, add the rutabaga back in along with the bacon, then crack the eggs directly into the pan.
- Salt and pepper everything then use your spatular to mix everything together and whisk your eggs.
- Once everything is done cooking, top with avocado and eat up. OMGood.