I’m real into mushrooms this week. I bought 3 packages. I love baby bellos. Mostly because they are called baby bellos. Why the hell wouldn’t you want to buy something with the cutest name on earth?! It’s way cuter than baby carrots. That’s not even creative.
These savory waffles just made me want sugary waffles. Well, mostly syrup. Is it weird to want to drink syrup? Laura would say yes. She obviously has terrible taste. But I am still resisting sugar on this 21 day detox. It’s been 2 days and I haven’t cried or thrown a b*tch fit. I’m extremely proud of myself, especially since it’s monthly gift time. Don’t you guys love when I update you on that kind of stuff? I wonder how many readers I just lost…
This is funny though. My favorite comment from yesterday about the sugar detox was from Kristina, “Allergies, no nuts?, no sugars? and basically no alcohol?!!! Girl, I hope that at least you’re having crazy amounts of wild sex because you are my idol!. Good luck in your 21 days.” Oh Kristina, I wish that were the case as well. But I’m pretty much a nun. Minus the religion part. Or a cat lady. Minus the cats. I’m allergic to those too. What the f*ck am I going to do on the weekends? Make desserts I can’t eat. Cool. Oh wait, and workout. Duh.
I cleaned out my closet yesterday. Spring cleaning, if you will. I now have 46 extra hangers. That’s an exaggeration. And pretty much a closet only filled with CrossFit tshirts and sweatshirts. That’s not an exaggeration. Thankfully I plan on only going to the gym and hanging out in my kitchen on weekends from here on out. No need for dress up clothes.
Styrofoam rubbing on styrofoam is by far the worst sound in the world. I almost threw up when I heard it.
Ok, so I had a comment the other day pointing out the fact that I must only have 4 friends since only 4 have written guest celebrity posts on my Friday blog posts. Sorry guys for filling your Fridays with recipes instead. I’m a bad person. And you all obviously hate me. Understandable. But surprisingly, I actually do have more than 4 friends so one of them will be guest posting this Friday. Yep, I have 5. Her name is Jenny and she is pretty much a complete badass. Not only is she incredibly caring towards each and every one of her friends, but she is driven and willing to try anything. Including CrossFit. She will be writing her post about being new to CrossFit and CrossFit competitions. Yay Jenny!
This recipes is like biscuits and gravy, but with waffles. Waffles are the new biscuit. Biscuits are so last year.
For the savory waffles
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoonscanned coconut milk
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the mushroom gravy
- Turn on waffle iron.
- Place all ingredients for savory waffles in your food processor to combine.
- Pour batter into your waffles iron. It should not be runny, it will be a bit more on the thick side.
- Now place a large skillet over medium heat and add your ground beef.
- Use a wooden spoon to break up the beef. Once some of the fat has released from the meat, add your mushrooms.
- After about 5 minutes, once the mushrooms have begun to soften, add your coconut milk and spices. Let cook down for about 6-8 minutes and then place on low for 2-3 minutes to thicken.
- Once your waffles have cooked through, top them off with gravy.
- Get this though, make them with bacon and eggs as well and life will be perfect. I just had none. So my life sucked. Not really.
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!