If you don’t read my Monday morning Weekly Workouts post, you probably missed me talking about not eating sh*t food. When I was sharing some before and after photos, I talked about not eating sh*t food and someone asked me what I meant by that. By that, I mean I don’t eat gluten 99.9% of the time (I’ll have a bite of something or a piece of wedding cake, but that’s about it), I never eat fast food and I don’t drink pop. The thing is, there are so many options out there nowadays to help us make better decisions when it comes to naughty sh*t food. For me, I still get random cravings. Like the other day, I really wanted a blizzard from DQ. They play the commercials constantly now that it’s almost summer so I see them all day long while I watch the Food Network. Their marketing plan is working. BUT, I also have another part of my brain that says, “Hey, Juli, you don’t know what the f*ck is in a blizzard, but you do know that it’s nasty, so why not make your own?” So that’s what I did!
No, sugar is not good for you. No, just because this recipe is “paleo” doesn’t mean you should go HAM on it. I made this over a week ago and I still have plenty in the freezer. I’m a person that usually eats some kind of dessert once a day, I just don’t go overboard on it and that has helped me keep moderation in my life without feeling deprived. Dessert used to be something that was enjoyed on special occasions, but nowadays it’s readily available all.the.time. When it comes to sugar, paleo or not, I think it’s important to remember that moderation is key to a long term, healthy lifestyle.
Ok, I’ll get off my dessert soap box now. That’s quite enough, Juli. You’re speaking with adults here.
You guys. Since the weather has been crappy outside and it hasn’t been very nice to throw on shorts and sit in the backyard, Brian and I have been searching for a new show to watch. And since it’s summer and there is nothing on, we look to Netflix. And then found THE MOST DEPRESSING SHOW EVERRRRRRR. ‘Rectify’ was highly recommended online but I just can’t see why yet? Have you guys seen this show yet? It’s such a crazy downer, but you constantly think things are going to get better in the next episode. And then they don’t. And you’re left hating the world. Has anyone watched this show? How do you push through? And does it get any less awful? Ever? Please say yes. The sun is finally shining outside, I need some positivity instead.
Speaking of positivity, yesterday I was having a hard time with social media. I think I have pretty damn thick skin at this point in my life, but when it’s that time of the month, I just sometimes feel like I can’t handle it. So I think I’m going to try a new type of meditation to help deal with my frustrations: bike rides. Since it’s finally sunny out, I think I’m going to start pulling out my bike and pedaling around town when I’m feeling upset or frustrated. Just completely forget about the social media world I live in and take in the fresh air of summer. Doesn’t that just sound delightful? It does. It totally does.
batch [url]PMS Brownies∞http://paleomg.com/every-last-crumb-book-review-pms-brownies/[/url]
- 1 (10-ounce) package Enjoy Life brand chocolate chips, melted but not hot
- 140 grams salted butter or ghee, softened (1/2 cup/1 stick plus 2 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons finely ground coffee (preferable a dark roast for bolder flavor)
- 188 grams coconut palm sugar (about 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons)
- 28 grams blanched almond flour (about a scant 1/4 cup)
- 30 grams tapioca starch (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large egg yolk
batch [url]Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce∞https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1628600772/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=1628600772&linkCode=as2&tag=paleomg08-20&linkId=b57cbc4a913474e57a55fbcce3c974e7[/url] (on page 250)
batch [url]simple vanilla ice cream∞http://paleomg.com/mini-layered-ice-cream-pops/[/url]
- 1 (14 ounce) can of full fat coconut milk
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon coarse or flaked sea salt
Make the brownies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line an 8-inch square pan with parchment paper.
- Make the brownies: In a large bowl, mix together the melted chocolate chips and softened butter. Once incorporate, mix in the vanilla and ground coffee. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, almond flour, and tapioca starch. Gradually add the dry mixture to the chocolate mixture, stirring to combine. Add the eggs and yolk and beat until fully combined.
- Pour the batter into prepared pan and tap on the countertop to settle the batter. Bake for 35 minutes or until the brownies have set and do not jiggle in the pan. Remove the brownies from the oven and allow them to cool in the pan completely before cutting into bite size pieces and crumbling into some smaller pieces.
Next make caramel sauce then set aside to slightly cool.
Lastly, make ice cream:
- Whisk together the ice cream ingredients until completely mixed. Then pour ingredients in anice cream maker and follow directions of that particular ice cream maker. Once ice cream has churned and is fairly thick, sprinkle in however much of the brownies and caramel sauce you want in it (I used about half of each) and let churn to completely combine.
- Place ice cream in a sealable container and in freezer to complete set. To thaw, just set on counter for 5-10 minutes to soften. Serve with a hefty sprinkle of sea salt on top!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!