Hellooooooo from California! I’ve been in the Santa Ynez Valley for about 1 day now and I’m absolutely in love with it! Right now I’m staying in the town of Solvang and I don’t think I’ve ever been in such an adorable town. It’s a little Danish town so all the architecture and bakeries are all Danish-inspired. It’s kind of like stepping back in time. So cool. The only down part at the moment is I’m drinking stale, slightly cold coffee. I hate when hotels don’t change their coffee station out earlier. I don’t think it’s too much to ask for scalding hot coffee in 6 in the morning, but that’s just me being a selfish b. But for real…who wakes up at 6am every day on vacation? This dumb b.
Wanna hear something super exciting yet not exciting whatsoever? Here’s some adult excitement for you – we finally finished our landscaping. We painted our house, we landscaped our yard, and now we are just waiting for furniture for the backyard so we can stop using metal fold-out chairs on the patio. Those chairs are like nails on the chalkboard. I feel like we are finally responsible adults. We have the best neighbors on one side of us (the other side is up to some sketchy activities – listen to my podcast for those deets) and we’ve wanted to look as clean and put together as them from the beginning. And we are finally 97% there! One of our neighbors down the street even said we inspired her to paint her house! We are totes crushing adulthood right now. Minus the metal worse-sound-of-all-time chairs.
Even though I’m drinking room temperature coffee right now, I can tell it’s going to be an awesome day. I’m starting off my day in a private pilates class! I’ve done the Lagree method before which I think is a style of pilates, so I’m interested to see what this one is like and how incredibly hard it will be! After that I have a new restaurant to check out, a wine tasting, then I’ll be meeting up with another blogger and then off to dinner! I just want to walk around Solvang over and over to make sure I don’t miss any of the cute stores!
Ok, who gives a sh*t about what I’m doing today. Let’s just talk about this amazing breakfast. I made this for my husband the other day right before we went to the lake and it was the perfect Sunday breakfast. It’s easy to throw together and it’s awesome for leftovers. And you can really make this your own – add different spices, use white potatoes instead, top it with other veggies, add some avocado, put extra sausage on top. You can really do anything with this breakfast bake and it will be delicious! Now I’m majorly craving this right now! Kloveyoubye!
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, diced*
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- coconut oil cooking spray
- 1 pound bacon, cut in half
- 6-8 eggs
- cherry tomato salsa
- 2 jalapeños, sliced
- hot sauce, for garnish
- chopped cilantro, for garnish
- chopped green onions, for garnish
- freshly cracked pepper, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheet with foil and spray the foil with coconut oil cooking spray to keep everything from sticking. Add sweet potatoes to the pan and lightly spray the sweet potatoes, as well. Sprinkle garlic powder and salt on top and toss to coat. Place bacon strips on top of sweet potatoes throughout the baking sheet. (It's fine if not every piece of sweet potato is covered because the coconut spray will help) Place in oven to bake for 20-25 minutes, until bacon is crispy and sweet potatoes are soft.
- While the breakfast bakes, make the cherry tomato salsa and set aside.
- Once cooked through, remove from oven and increase temperature to 400 degrees F. Use a spoon to create a little well in between some of the bacon and sweet potatoes and crack the egg directly into the well. Repeat throughout the baking sheet. Then place back in the oven to cook for 6-8 minutes, for a white top and runny yolk.
- Remove from oven and top with cherry tomato salsa, sliced jalapeños, hot sauce, cilantro, green onions and freshly cracked pepper!
You May Also Like:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!