People like easy things. Especially men. They like simple, easy recipes. And easy women. They can’t help it, they just do. Ok, geez I’m kidding. Only 94% of men like easy women. The other 6% are married. Eeeek, I just offended a lot of people. Oops. And now my guy friends are going to text me today to tell me that I’m being whiny. The other day, while drinking alcoholic beverages, they informed me that I’m annoying. This is something that is a true statement. BUT they said it was because I’ve been so whiny lately on my blog about being single.

Ok guys. Let’s chat. All my guy friends are single because they want to be. Not because they haven’t met a nice girl. They literally just like being with the bros, spitting beer at each other, and yelling obscenities. And I get it. Bros do bro stuff. Who needs b*tches when you got your bros fo’ life, right? Well, the tough part for me is I don’t like beer. And I cuss enough on my blog that I don’t have to yell it in public places. So, I actually think spending time with a nice man would be a great. And since that nice man isn’t around, I’m forced to be a bro with all my guy friends, so I’m going to whine about it on my blog. That’s just fact. I think you should thank me for not whining to you all about it, instead, utilizing the world wide web for that purpose. You’re welcome.

Oh goodness. I’m so happy and excited. I leave for California tomorrow!! For the ‘Fuel the Fire’ Fundraiser at CrossFit Anaerobic 2 in Laguna Niguel! It’s going to be awesome. Do you live in California? Do you like CrossFit and paleo? Do you want to show me around California? Perfect. Be there. You can sign up here!! Do it!

Speaking of awesome events for charity, yet another one is coming up. But this one is in Colorado! My good friend, Clark from CrossFit South Denver, will be hosting Denver Bears for Kids Charity Competition! The charity competition will be October 27th from 1-4 pm and ALL proceeds will go to Denver Children’s Home. It’s a competition built for all levels of CrossFitters. AND PaleOMG will be representing at the competition to help raise some extra money. For every $10 raised, Clark and I will do 1 burpee. And there will be a race to see who can finish the burpees first. Should be fun, in a disturbing way. Thankfully I love burpees. Check out the link to sign up or to just donate!! Hope to see some faces there!

I just ate the sh*t ton of plantains. Like, dear god Juli. Get your life together.

4.9 from 29 reviews

Simple Herb Crusted Salmon
 
Prep time
Cook time
Total time
 
Serves: 2
Ingredients
For the salmon
  • 2 salmon fillets (6oz each)
  • 1 heaping tablespoon coconut flour
  • 2 tablespoons fresh parsley (or dried, if you have on hand)
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
  • salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
  • 2 cups arugula
  • ¼ red onion, sliced thin
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • salt and pepper, to taste
Instructions
  1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
  2. Place salmon fillets on a parchment or foil lined baking sheet.
  3. Top your salmon off with olive oil and dijon mustard and rub into your salmon.
  4. In a small bowl, mix together your coconut flour, parsley, and salt and pepper.
  5. Use a spoon to sprinkle on your toppings on your salmon and then your hand to pat into your salmon.
  6. Place in oven for 10-15 minutes or until salmon is cooked to your preference. I cooked mine more on the medium rare side at 12 minutes.
  7. While the salmon is cooking, mix together your salad ingredients.
  8. When salmon is done, place salmon on top of salad and consume.
  9. HOW SIMPLE WAS THAT?! omg.