I don’t know what’s going on, but I’m sick of animal meat. Mostly sick of having to chew my food too much. So steak isn’t really doing it for me. Not a fan of pork. And I don’t even really want chicken. I don’t get it. So I’m trying to figure out what my body is craving. Thankfully shrimp is doing the trick. I kind of want enchiladas. Or fish tacos. Or lasagna. So maybe I’m craving carbs. Who really knows. Either way, I am ready to follow other people’s recipes for a little bit while I figure out why I hate meat.
Guess what I did. Ok stop guessing, I’ll just tell you. I finished the second season of Orange is the New Black. Why does it have to go by so quickly?? I mean, I guess I did probably watch 5-6 episodes on my lazy Sunday while eating waffles, but I didn’t even know I was watching the finale that day. It just happened. Crept up on me. But man was the ending good. Why can’t they come out with new shows faster? Blasphemy. I also watched all the episodes of Fargo. That sh*t was intense. Especially since it was based on a true story. But you know what the confusing part was about that show? Well, I watched the finale of the show before I watched all the other episodes. When I was flying back from NYC, the show was on. So I watched that episode and for some idiot reason, thought it was the first episode. I then went on to watch all the other episodes, not including the first, and didn’t put all the pieces together until the end. The moral of the story here: I’m an idiot. Oh, and a bit too involved with the shows I watch. Hey Juli, Colorado is pretty much the most gorgeous place ever, get a life.
Speaking of life, 4th of July is tomorrow! That means everyone in Denver is headed to the mountains. What’s that about? I mean, I get why people like the mountains (because they have a lot of money to be able to go snowboarding and skiing and stay in their sweet condos) but what do they do in the summer other than mountain biking? I guess they hike. Walking up a steep hill? Not for me. Oh, I guess people like to camp. Anywho, I will be heading to a lake to hopefully soak up some vitamin D, meaning a tan, and splish splash like a little child. I can’t wait.
Oh, one last thing before I go kick Thursday’s ass. We are headed out for our second book tour soon!! We only have two events booked so far, just finalizing the details for the other places, but this is what we have so you cute little Texas people can come visit, grab a book, and ask any question about paleo that you desire!
- On Tuesday, July 15th at 7 PM we will be in Houston at Blue Willow Bookshop: 14532 Memoria Drive, Houston, TX, 77079
- On Sunday July 13th at 7 PM we will be in Dallas at Half Price Books: 5803 E. Northwest Hwy., Dallas, Texas 75231
For the shrimp
- 1 pound raw peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1/4 cup Paleo Chef Sriracha
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon onion powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, divided
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin, divided
- salt and pepper, to taste
For the guacamole
- Light grill to medium heat.
- Place shrimp onto metal skewers and lie flat on a cutting board. One pound made 3 full skewers for me.
- Using a pastry brush, brush one side of the shrimp with the sriracha sauce using only half of the sauce, then sprinkle with of the spices and a bit of salt and pepper. Then flip the shrimp over and repeat until well coated.
- Place shrimp on top rack of the grill and cook for 3-4 minutes per side or until cooked through.
- While shrimp are cooking, in a large bowl mix together ingredients for easy guacamole.
- Serve shrimp with guac.
More Food On Sticks:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!