You may think that this meatloaf sucks because it doesn’t have anything to bind it together, but you’re wrong. You’re dead wrong. It does stay together. And it tastes probably way better than it looks. Promise swear.
The other day, as I typed on this here computer at my kitchen table, I looked outside just in time to see a goose land on the top of my car. On my sunroof to be exact. It was closed, just FYI. As he waddled around on the top of the car, I thought about yelling at him. But then I would be the person yelling at a goose. And no one wants to be that guy. So I just watched to see what he would do. And he did exactly what you would think a goose would do in this situation. He shat on my car. Straight up, took a poop directly on the top of my sunroof. And it wasn’t like the normal goose poop you see in the park. No no. It was the runny kind. Like what you find in newborn baby’s diaper. Gross. I went directly to the gas station and used the good ole’ squiggy to clean that poo up. And leave it on a squiggy for the next lucky devil.
I just told an entire story about goose poop. Wow.
I’m so excited it’s summer. That means lake time. And you may wonder what I’m talking about since CO kind of lacks in lakes. But there are lakes out there, small ones, but they are bodies of water that you can boat on. I’ve decided that I don’t need to try to wakeboard any longer. If I would have started much younger, when my ligaments and bones moved like they were suppose to, then wakeboarding would be much easier. But now, when it hurts to sit in a squat, it seems like a much better decision to try surfing instead. And just stick to watching the badasses wakeboard. This is what badass looks like.
This is what I look like. Remember, this is surfing, when the boat is going probably 10 miles per hour. And you’re holding on a rope 2 feet away from the boat. And that’s a beer bong. Not a lake snake. Oh, the things that Lake Powell will make you try.
I kinda want some chocolate.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 10-12 ounces bulk pork breakfast sausage
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat (or other fat)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 4 ounces of button mushrooms, sliced
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add fat along with 2 garlic cloves and diced onion.
- Once the onions begins to become translucent, add diced zucchini and cover to help steam the zucchini.
- After about 3-4 minutes, add the mushrooms on top and cover again for about 4-5 more minutes.
- Once vegetables have softened, add in parsley, basil, garlic powder and salt and pepper. Mix well then remove from heat to cool.
- Once vegetables are cool, add ground beef, breakfast sausage, and cooled vegetables to a large bowl and get dirty with your hands. Mix well to combine, trying not to squish the zucchini too much.
- Line a large loaf pan with parchment paper and place the meat mixture into the dish. Press firmly to make sure it all sticks together and to keep it from falling apart.
- Place in oven and bake for 40-45 minutes until meat presses back at you when you poke it.
- Let sit for 10 minutes after baking.
- Eat with some avocado on top. And fruit on the side. What up breakfast!?!?
More Egg-Free Breakfast Ideas:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!