Super bowl snacks time!! All week I will be bringing you paleo/primal super bowl snacks that you can bring to your friends house or make for your guests. The Super Bowl Sunday is coming up. And people everywhere will be stuffing their face with lots of food. Thankfully, you won’t be missing out. HOOOOORAAAAYYYY.
Just so you know, I want to shrink my body down to lego size and make a bath tub out of these eggs. A BATH TUB. The jalapeños may burn in awkward places, but I wouldn’t care. The deviled eggs were probably my favorite ever. And that’s big because that was pretty much the only thing I knew how to make growing up. But these are the best. Another proof that paleo foods are the best tasting. Just a fact.
Some things I find really strange. Seeing what radio hosts actually look like is one of them. It ruins the illusion. I’m not sure what illusion that is, but there definitely is one. Another thing that is incredibly strange: how many times LL Cool J licks his lips while hosting the Grammy’s. What in the hell is that about?? I think I blogged about it last year after the worst Grammy’s known to man. Last year was totally terrible. This year was much better. I learned that Kevin Hart is 5’2″. Never knew he was that small. I also learned that Paul McCartney has an odd mullet. And that Beyonce has quite nice rear end. But weird hair. So many things.
My god, I love John Legend.
Could Pink be anymore amazing? I seriously, for real, like totally want to see her in concert. She sings while upside down while spinning while dressed in a leotard halfway up her ass!! I wouldn’t mind being her for a day. I want a new exercise routine. Hers. I wish she was performing in Vegas while I was there. Britney Spears just isn’t really cutting it for me. Sorry, Brit.
Anywho, enough about the Grammy’s. Let’s talk about paleo snacks. I talk about Steve’s Paleo Goods all.the.time. I pack them while traveling, keep them in my car for when I become hangry (hungry and angry) and just have them lying all around the house when snack freak outs occur. Steve has been so lovely and kind to help all you guys get some Steve’s snacks to your door! If you use the discount code “PaleOMG2014″ at checkout, you will receive 10% off your order!! So go check out some of their krunch cereals, dressings, grass fed beef jerky! Click here to get your discount until Sunday February 2nd, 2014!
- 6 eggs
- 2 pieces of cooked bacon, finely chopped (leave some pieces behind for garnishing)
- ¼ cup 30 second mayo
- 1 tablespoon minced jalapeño (leave some pieces behind for garnishing)
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ⅛-1/4 teaspoon salt (depending how salty the mayo is)
- Bring a large pot of water to boil. Once the water is boiling, place eggs in the water and cook for 15 minutes. Remove from water and place in a bowl of cold water to help cool.
- While eggs cook, cook bacon in oven or on stove top. Let cool then chop into small pieces.
- Once eggs have cooled, cut eggs in half. Scoop out the yolks, place the yolks in a bowl and smash with a fork.
- Add in mayo and mix well until mixture is smooth. Then add jalapeño, bacon pieces, smoked paprika and salt and mix well.
- Place the yolk mixture into a small ziploc plastic bag, cut off the end and squeeze mixture into egg white halves. Garnish with leftover bacon and jalapeño.
- Chill before serving.