The frustration!!! I think it must be my attitude that ruined things even more, but my site went down yesterday in the midst of trying to fix other website issues. How ironic. I think it comes to show that you create your own destiny. Meaning if you put negativity out into the world, it will just come right back to you.
Intense conversation with Juli has now ended for the day.
I’m back to a good attitude. The lovely boyfriend took Jackson to work yesterday so I was able to thoroughly clean the house, take a shower, work on my website, work on my new newsletter, and work on my smiles. Ugh that last statement was annoying. But you know how I did that? I’ll tell you. I made an Almond Banana Cacao Shake from Kelly’s cookbook The Paleo Chocolate Lover’s Cookbook. She’s the greatest. And that recipe was to die for. It was a straight up milk shake. The only thing I changed about it was I used frozen bananas and no ice. Thick and creamy and everything steamy. Minus the steam. I just needed a good rhyme. It’s just amazing what you can get done when you don’t have a dog sharting on your floors.
I just figured out I have two weddings to go to this month. Two. Thankfully, I’m not in either of them, nor do I really know the bride or groom that well, so all I really have to do is be a date, drink, eat, dance, and wear a dress. Well crap, what the hell am I going to wear? I have at least 10 dresses I’ve never worn, so that’s probably a good start, but wedding and funeral attire are always challenging. You never know what the weather is going to be like or what other people are going to be wearing. Do I wear a short dress? Do I wear long? What kind of jacket do I bring with me? What the hell am I going to do my puppy when I have to leave town for the weekend??? Aw crap. I’ve got bigger issues than the dress.
Anywho, I have for you YET ANOTHER sneak peek recipe from The Paleo Kitchen, the newest book to hit my only child family of books. Did that even make sense to you? It did in my mind. Because I have one cookbook already. Get it? Moving on. Hopefully you saw the recipe last week that I posted, The Perfect Burger, which we thought would be the perfect recipe to let you sneak peek at. Well, I want to give you more. This recipe was inspired from my love for Cuban food and even greater love for plantains. Brown plantains should be eaten on a daily basis, but alas, I live in Colorado so that just won’t work. Thankfully I have a Venezuelan food truck near me with plantains galore! But back to the point. This recipe proves that anything can go well with avocado. Fruit? Yes. Chocolate? Yes. Smoothie? Yes. Plantains? ABSOLUTELY! So try it out and let us know what you think! And don’t forget to preorder The Paleo Kitchen today before it comes out June 10th!
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large brown plantain, peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 large avocados, cut in half, pits removed
- 1/4 medium white onion, finely chopped (30 grams)
- handful of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped jalapeno
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a small skillet over medium heat and add the coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil is hot, add half of the garlic to the pan along with diced plantain.
- When the plantain dice begin to brown, salt them, and then flip to brown on other side.
- Add the water to the pan and cover to steam the plantain. Once the plantain dice are soft, remove from the heat and let cool.
- While the plantain finishes cooking, scoop out the insides of the pitted avocados and add to a large bowl to mash. Mash up the avocado with a fork. Add the onion, cilantro, jalapeno, lime juice, smoked paprika, and salt and pepper. Mix well, then fold in the plantains. Chill in the refrigerator before serving.
More Ways To Guac:
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!