Be still, my heart. Be perfectly damn still…SO I CAN EAT YOU!!!!
You know what’s torture? Having 5 of these sundaes sitting in your fridge, with a fiancé who is on a health kick for our upcoming wedding and not eating sweets. And a person like me, who has a complete insane sweet tooth after having to change my damn birth control and being on an emotional rollercoaster. Straight up sh*t show over here. I keep finding myself wandering by the fridge for no reason. Salivating.
But what other time of the year is it totally ok to devour an entire pan of brownies and say it’s fine because you’re either in love or hate love. No matter what your viewpoint is on Valentine’s Day, brownies are always a good idea. Always.
With these brownies, you can totally make them into your own personal sexy brownie sundae. You can top it with caramel or raspberry caramel or chocolate chips or cacao nibs or fruit or chopped nuts or coconut whipped cream or cookies or…I don’t know what else, bro! Be creative on your own. My mind is on my brownie sundae in the fridge.
Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day yet? Since I have a lover, I’ll be hanging out with that guy. But we don’t have any plans yet. He’s the best gift giver, but when it comes to just plain ole’ dates, he’s not the best. I think he gets nervous about me being particular about where we eat. But honestly, I just want to go to one of our favorite restaurants because we know it will be good. So I think I may have to plan our Valentine’s Day date. And since I cook every day for a living, I don’t want to cook for myself on Valentine’s Day. Or do the dishes. It’s absolutely insane how many dishes I do each day. It’s not one of those “I cook, he cleans” bullsh*t. It’s more like, “hey, I cooked all day and you worked all day. meaning you did not make this mess. and I will not make you clean it up for me because I respect and love you.” So all I truly want this Valentine’s Day is to not do any dishes. That’s true romance to me.
- 1 batch Vanilla Bean Caramel Sauce on page 250 in Juli Bauer's Paleo Cookbook or Raspberry Caramel Sauce
- 1 batch Cold Brew Coffee Ice Cream (do not add cookies, unless you want that) or whatever ice cream you prefer
- 1 batch brownies (PMS Brownies or Sweet Potato Brownies or Magic Brownies)
- chocolate chips, for garnishing
- coarse sea salt, for garnishing
- Make caramel and set aside.
- Make ice cream then place in the freezer to set.
- Make brownies and let cool only slightly before slicing. I divided my brownies into 5 different sundae cups, leaving behind just enough to cut out 5 small brownie hearts to put on top of the sundaes. I used a small heart cookie cutter to do that, but you don't have to do this if you don't want to! After placing brownie in the sundae cups, top with coffee ice cream, caramel, the brownie heart and then a sprinkle of chocolate chips. I even topped mine off with coarse sea salt because I love that, but that craziness is up to you.
- Eat up, buttercup!
More Ideas for Valentine’s Day: