Is that name too long? The answer is always: hells no. Because how are you suppose to know what it is with some fancy, catchy name like Love Cookies? Real catchy, huh? Well these love cookies are more than just Love Cookies. They are shortbread cookies that are cut into adorable hearts, spread with raspberry caramel on top, then sandwiched like…a sandwich. F*ck, I’m so not creative, am I?
But who cares about creativity. Let’s talk about love. Because that’s what these cookies are all about! Love, eating, and then more love. Deep huh? About as deep as Olivia on The Bachelor gets. She had the best one-liners of the night on Monday night. She wanted Ben so badly to believe she was more intelligent than the other women, so she made sure to give him credible evidence that it was true. “I’m not like the other girls. I like reading my books in my room. And thinking.” For sure, Olivia, all those other girls hate thinking, you’re very special. But that first conversation at the rose ceremony wasn’t enough. She had to make sure he understood how much she likes to use her brain. So while they stood on a terrible island (it was a large rock with sand, a f*cking rock), getting blasted by a hurricane and her face turning the color of these cookies, she told him that “deep intellectual things are my jam.” You can’t use intellectual and jam in the same sentence. Unless your jam cookies spell out intellectual. Poor Olivia, she kept digging her grave trying to prove to her love that she was smart AF. Well, based on the show, she’s still living on that hurricane rock in the middle of no where, with only leftover rose petals to eat. Good luck, Olivia. You’ll think your way out of it.
But let’s talk more about the dates. Because those dates were probably the best of all time in Bachelor history. First, he started off with an individual date with the only dark haired chick left. I don’t even know what her name is. All I know is her face must be sore all.the.time from smiling so much. I love happy people, they are my favorite, but calm the eff down brunette. People who only laugh and smile are usually hiding something. What are you hiding? Obviously something if you’re telling Ben you’re in love with him but you’re afraid to tell him about yourself. Like, what? But whatever. She laughed her face off and then wore a fishing belt while catching a fish the size of her body. Who the hell invented that? A belt that’s attached the a fishing pole, that’s wrapped around a 100 pound woman while catching giant fish…isn’t that how you lose someone at sea? So romantic.
But the true romance went on during the group date. Five or something females were taken to an island and forced to feed swimming pigs. Not just cute little piglets, but straight up nipple hanging, hairy ass island pigs. While in their bikinis. How f*cked up is that? The pigs were legit attacking the women. If I am ever taken on a date where I’m forced to feed pigs, while being filmed in my bikini, I will first shoot the man with a BB gun then stomp on his ween, for good measure. ABC what the hell were you thinking? You’re awesome. Next week can’t come soon enough. Maybe they’ll be forced to feed the monkeys from the Hunger Games next time around. Fingers crossed!
- 1 batch Raspberry Caramel Sauce
For the shortbread crust
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon tapioca flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons ghee
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- organic powdered sugar, optional
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add all ingredients for the crust into a food processor and pulse until completely combine. The dough should combine into a slight ball once combine. Place the dough in between two sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out flat, to about ¼ inch. Remember that the dough will rise when cooked so you want the dough to be pretty thin so the cookies sandwiches aren't too thick. Once the dough is thin, use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out hearts. (My dough made 24 cookies, but you could still make a couple more with leftover dough, I was just lazy) Then with half the hearts, use a smaller heart cookie cutter to cut out the middle of half the hearts. Place all heart dough on the baking sheet and into the oven for 10-12 minutes, until slightly golden.
- Let cookies cool completely. To make the sandwich cookies: on the non cut out cookies, add about ½ teaspoon of raspberry caramel to the middle of the cookie, then place a cut out cookie on top, smashing the caramel between the cookies. Repeat with all cookies and feel free to decorate the smaller cookies. Sprinkle with a bit of powdered sugar on top.
- Store in closed container in the fridge for up to 1+ week.
More Cute & Delicious Stuff For Valentine’s Day!
Click Here To Get All My PaleOMG Recipes Into Your Meal Planner With Real Plans!
I may be compensated through my affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running!