Good morning and happy Monday!! I’m already in a good mood today because I woke up in my own bed finally after 4 days in Aspen. I went to the Food & Wine Classic and spent most of my days at the American Express Platinum House that had all sorts of fun activities going on during the day…and night! I’ll be writing an entire post about that on the blog this week but I did want to talk about one of the fitness activities they had going on at the AMEX house – Soul Cycle! We don’t have Soul Cycle in Colorado quite yet (it’s coming in 2018) so it was fun to finally try it and see what it’s all about. I’ve done Cyclebar before which has a similar feeling and I’ve done all sorts of spin classes, as well. But these Soul Cycle classes were definitely a little different just because they were on top of Aspen mountain, on the balcony of a seriously HUGE mansion. Which was pretty damn cool. What I love about Soul Cycle and Cyclebar classes is they go by WAY faster than normal spin classes, so it’s over before you know it. What I don’t love about it…is it’s spin. I just don’t love being stuck to one spot being clipped in for almost an hour. I loving moving and jumping and lifting heavier weights. But having those classes first thing in the morning, before we all headed out for 2 days straight to eat and drink the entire day, well that was pretty awesome. Nothing like burning calories before eating all the calories!
OMG – Guess what?! My Aaptiv x PaleOMG Get Strong Challenge starts today! 7 workouts, 7 PaleOMG recipes (one brand new recipes that you’ve never seen, in 7 days starts TODAY! I want you to follow along with me to get fit and strong and feel your best in 7 quick days! You can see my post all about it here but here’s how you sign up:
- Sign up for Aaptiv using the code AAPTIVOMG (make sure it’s all CAPS!). You’ll get 30 days of free workouts on Aaptiv. If you’re already a member you’re good to go. You can move on to the next step!
- Open the Aaptiv app and find the “Curator Playlist” category.
- There, you’ll find my hand-picked Aaptiv workouts!
- To download the recipe guide, click the “Learn More” link under the category description.
- Download the recipe PDF (it also has a recommended workout for each day).
- Crush your workout, make your Paleo meal, and show us your strength on Instagram using hashtag #aaptivomg. We want to see how you’re doing with the challenge and what recipes you’re loving!!
Can’t wait to see how you guys like the Aaptiv workouts and how you’re feeling throughout the week!!
Sunday – Rest Day
Tuesday – CrossFit Broadway Class
Strict Press: 12 mins to find a new 1 Rep Max! – I got 90#
Then 13 min AMRAP OF:
10 C&J (135/95)
15 C2B Pull Ups
I got 3+302 using 75#
Thursday – Rest Day
Friday – Soul Cycle Class at the American Express Platinum House in Aspen
Saturday – Soul Cycle Class at the American Express Platinum House in Aspen
Free Travel Workout:
10 min AMRAP:
20 kettlebell swings
On Sale Activewear:
lululemon Wunder Under Tights (20% off)
adidas Climalite Tights (40% off)
lululemon Anew Shorts (35% off)
Nike Metcon DSX Flyknit (20% off)
lululemon Speed Tights (37% off)
I may be compensated through affiliate links in this post, but all opinions are my own. This compensation helps with expenses to keep this blog up and running! Thank you for your support with PaleOMG!