Posted by https://paleomg.com/5-ingredient-bacon-brussels-sprouts-slaw/
© 2014 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
5 Ingredient Bacon Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- 1/2 pound bacon, diced
- 16 ounces brussels sprouts, shredded*
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 precooked sausages (I used game sausage, but use any kind you like)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Place a dutch oven over medium heat. Add bacon and cook until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and place on a paper towel lined plate.
- Add brussels sprouts, onion and apple cider vinegar to the rendered bacon fat in the dutch oven. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and a bit of garlic powder. Cook down for about 10 minutes, stirring every couple minutes.
- Once brussels sprouts become soft, add sausage and bacon to dutch oven, mix, and cook down for less than 5 minutes, until sausage is hot. Sprinkle with a bit more salt before serving.
*I shredded my brussels sprouts in a food processor using the thin slicing blade