Posted by https://paleomg.com/6-ingredient-breakfast-pizza-baked-peppers/
© 2015 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Breakfast Pizza Baked Peppers
1 hour 5 mins
- 1 pound ground italian sausage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms, chopped
- 4-5 basil leaves, torn
- 6 eggs, whisked
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 3 bell peppers, cut in half, seeds removed
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cut bell peppers in half and place in an greased 8x8 rimmed baking dish cut side up. (If any of the bell pepper halves are leaving to the side, ball up a piece of aluminum foil and place it in the crevices to help keep them sitting up right - this will keep the egg mixture for pouring out).
- Place italian sausage in a medium pan over medium heat. Break up with a wooden spoon. Once browned, add chopped mushrooms and cook until soft. Lastly, add pizza sauce, basil and a bit of salt and pepper then mix to combine.
- Whisk eggs in a large bowl then pour in italian sausage mixture and whisk to combine.
- Use a ladle to pour mixture into each pepper half.
- Place in oven to bake for 45-50 minutes, or until egg is completely cooked through and no jiggle remains.
- Let cool slightly before eating!