Posted by https://paleomg.com/bacon-cauliflower-fritters/
© 2019 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
Bacon Cauliflower Fritters
- 1/2 pound bacon
- 1 head of cauliflower, finely blended in food processor (about 3 cups worth)
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1/2 cup almond milk cream cheese
- 1 cup paleo baking flour
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- lots of salt (about 2 or 3 teaspoons, depending on your salt preference)
- pinch of black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- chopped chives, for garnish
- Place bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook on both sides until crispy, about 10 minutes, chop into fine pieces then set aside. Leave about 3 tablespoons of bacon fat in the pan.
- Finely grate/blend the cauliflower in a food processor until fine (it should resemble cauliflower rice) then mix in a large mixing bowl with the rest of the ingredients (except for the chives) and mix to completely combined. Fold in bacon pieces.
- Place the large nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. While the skillet heats back up, use a cookie scoop to scoop out 15-17 scoops then form in to small patties. Place in the skillet being sure to not overcrowd the pan, and cook for around 5-6 minutes per side. Keep an eye on the heat to make sure the fritters are browning without burning. This may take a couple batches.
- Once the fritters are done, top them with fresh chives before serving!