Posted by https://paleomg.com/basil-tangerine-pound-cake/
© 2017 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
For the glaze
- 1/4 cup organic powdered sugar*
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed tangerine juice
- zest of 1/2 tangerine
- 4 basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- tangerine slices (optional)
- basil leaves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan and line with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together paleo baking flour, baking soda, and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, tangerine juice, olive oil, sugar, vanilla extract, citrus zest, and basil. Pour liquid into dry mixture and use a spatula to fold until everything is incorporated. Pour batter into loaf pan then place in the oven to bake for 55 minutes to 1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean from the middle of the loaf.
- Once loaf is done cooking, remove from oven and let it sit in the loaf pan for 10 minutes before removing it and setting it on a cooling rack to cool.
- When the loaf has cooled but it is still warm, whisk together the glaze. Pour glaze on top of loaf and garnish with tangerine slices and basil leaves!
*If you prefer to not sugar regular sugar, that's fine. Just don't make the glaze!