Posted by https://paleomg.com/bbq-chicken-casserole/
© 2016 PaleOMG.com. All rights reserved.
- 1 medium spaghetti squash (about 21⁄2 pounds)
- 1 rotisserie chicken, shredded (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 red onion (1/8 minced, 1/8 thinly sliced)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bottle Tessemae's BBQ Sauce
- 3 large eggs, whisked
- 2 fresno peppers, sliced
- 1/2 cup sliced banana peppers OR pickled jalapeños
- chopped cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Place the squash cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until the skin gives when you press your finger to it. Remove the squash from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 glass baking dish. Use a fork to remove the spaghetti squash threads then place them in a bowl. Add the chicken, garlic cloves, ⅛ minced onion, garlic powder, salt, red pepper flakes, black pepper and bbq sauce to a bowl and mix well. Then add eggs and mix until combine. Pour mixture into greased dish and smooth our with a spoon.
- Top casserole with ⅛ thinly sliced onion, sliced fresno peppers and banana peppers or pickled jalapeños.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until the center is cooked through and edges have begun to brown.
- Let set for 10 minutes before slicing. Garnish with cilantro.